David.

My name is Maddie Emerson, Little sister of Michael, bigger sister to Sammy. Daughter to Lucy. I am 17 years old. I look just like my mother, Blonde hair that reaches my lower waist and bright blue eyes. I was her double.
I had a good childhood, at least I'd like to think so. I had great memories but then my parents had a divorce and my life went into divide. I used to be my dads favourite, not that he would admit it. But I knew I was. My dad wanted me to stay with him back in Phoenix but my mum said no, she wanted to move me hundred of miles away from him and move to some place called Santa Carla in California. To go and live with our grandpa.

I didn't really like him, he was kind of weird, I remember staying with him once. Sammy didn't come as he was too young. Grandpa was into making stuffed animals. Now that was creepy. I didn't stay with him after that.

Sitting in the car, I sat beside my brother Michael, Sammy and mum were sitting in the front, along with Nanook. Sammy's Huskie.
Mum was fiddling with the music station, changing channels because she couldn't find a song that fitted her mood, in the end she stopped at one music channel and started singing along to it. Soon Sammy joined in and Micheal and me couldn't help but smile at them.

Sammy was definitely a mummy's little boy. You could tell, she had this twinkle in her eye when she looked at him.
Michael and I looked at a sign as we passed it, on the back it read The murder capitol of the world and I rolled my eyes,
What idiot wrote that on there, are they trying to scare someone?

We drove for another 20 minutes, we had stopped at a small takeout place and got something to eat, mum had given charity to two children that were rummaging through the dustbins in the hope of finding food, Micheal had decided that he wanted to ride his motorcycle and I got on behind him. I didn't want to be stuck in that car with my mother alone.

We drove for a further 10 minutes before we pulled up outside a familiar cabin house, Grandpa's house. Getting out I looked around and noticed that grandpa hadn't kept up with the garderning. Typical. Leave him alone for a while and everything goes to shit.

"Oh dad!" Looking at mum, she was running towards the house and I furrowed my eyebrows at her. What's happened? Following I noticed grandpa laying on the porch.

What's he doing? I knew he wasn't dead, he's pulled this trick on me before.

"If he'd dead, can we go back to Phoenix?" Mum sent Sammy a dirty look, I chuckled under my breath and Micheal and I shared a glance at each other.
Grandpa opens his mischievous eyes, looking at mum and then at us, his grandchildren.

"Playing dead.... And from what I heard, doing a fine good job at it, too" Micheal, Sammy and I shared weird looks.
Going into the house, i bypassed Sammy who was moaning about there being no TV. So he couldn't watch his MTV. I ignored him and went up the old wooden rickety staircase. I walked passed mums bedroom, grandpas bedroom till I came to mine and Sammy's. Fortunately I had to share with him and not Micheal. I didn't need that brooding mess in the same bedroom as me.

I unpacked my bags and put them into the wardrobes and chest of drawers, I decided to do Sammy a favour and I unpacked his stuff too, god knows he would do a crap job at it anyway. If he was left to do it himself.

***

Hours later mum had cooked dinner, one of her many talents. We enjoyed eating and we made idle chitchat to one another. Grandpa was talking to mum about his date that he was going on tonight. Some lady that lived down the road. Grandpa planned on taking one of his stuffed pieces with him.

Poor women was in for a shock.

***

Micheal, Sammy and I decided to check out Santa Carla, we had all gotten changed and I decided to wear a black tight dress that fell over my knees. I matched it with a pair of black heels and a white cotton cardigan. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and left my face makeup free.

Going out, Mum had dropped us off at the boardwalk as she wanted to have a chance at finding a job. We all split up from her, we could hear music playing not far and we followed it. We ended up in a crowd of people who were listening to a man on a stage playing a saxophone and singing. He was shirtless and clearly covered in oil. He was wearing a strange pair of purple leggings that showed off more than you wanted to see.

Sammy and I were dancing to the music, Laughing at one another. We turned to Michael to see if he wanted to dance with us, But it seemed his attention was on something else. Or more like someone.

Following his gaze he was starring a beauty, She had this gypsy look to her. Long wild hair, white shirt and a long skirt. She was defiantly a sight. No wonder Michael was starring at her.

But she wasn't alone, She had a little boy with her, He looked about 8. give or take a year.

Michael carried on starring at her, She looks at him a couple of time, But then grabs the little boys hand and disappears into the crowd. Michael grabs Sammy and I and forces us to follow him. Chasing after the girl.

"Michael I'm not going to follow you if your chasing after some girl you haven't even spoken too. I'm going to go and find mum. See you later" I didn't wait for a reply. I walked away in the search of my mother. It didn't take me long to find her, She was kneeling down next to a little boy. Going over to her, I watched as she interacted with the child.

"Hey mum, what's going on?" She looked up at me and gave me a smile. She stood up and took the little boy into the video store, I followed close behind.

"I thought maybe his parents might be in here?" Mum asked a man standing behind the counter.

Just then, a frantic looking women ran into the shop, and straight over to the little boy, Bringing him into a hug, She kept thanking my mother.

The man behind the desk gave the little boy a sucker before he was dragged away by his mother.

I walked away from my mother and the man before walking to a shelf that held horror dvds, shame I can't get one since grandpa doesn't have a television to watch it on.

I was so engrossed I didn't notice a group behind me, inspecting me as they walked round the shop. It wasn't till I heard the owner of the shop talking did I look up. Only I wished I hadn't because a foot away from me was a blonde hottie. And he was staring at me with an unreadable expression.

"I thought I told you not to come in here" He didn't look away from me as him and his friends left the shop. I couldn't stop myself. I followed him to the doorway of the shop and watched as he got on a motorcycle. He winked at me and sped off into the distance.