Controlled

Controlled

By: RainySkky

Genre: Horror/Romance

Cert: PG-13

Blurb:

Sophia Anderson is your normal teenager, going to a normal highschool, having great, supportive friends, and can't wait to graduate and go to college. With her mom always on business trips for a job that pays more than enough, Sophie is usually left to fend for herself. All she has is her dog, Naomi. Ricky is a murderer, who stalks young women, learns about them, then becomes obsessed with them. If they refuse, or fake their love towards him, he brutally kills them. Then, after he sees Sophie coming out of the movie theaters one night, he instantly becomes obsessed. He begins stalking her, watching her through her window, following her at night, and learns more and more about her everyday. He feels the need to control Sophie, to make her his. The last thing Sophie wanted was a stalker. He plans on kidnapping her, taking her away where he will have her all to himself. Will Sophie realize she is being followed everywhere she goes, and someone knows everything about her? Or will it be too late?

My Thoughts:

I think I should start of by saying I am not a fan of anything horror, so I think it's fair to say that this not the typical kind of book that I would read but it intrigued me no the less. The main reason for adding this to my list is to point out that although I normally stick to the typical cliché romance story and if my Top 20 is anything to go by, i think it is clear that I normally steer clear of of books witch include serious topics on Wattpad such as rape,suicide, stalkers and what not. So I thought I would put this in here just to break it up a bit and show that I can step out of my 'comfort zone' in a a way.

Although the storyline did seem a bit surreal to me at first it actually work weirdly enough. Much to my surprise. I found myself feeling sorry for Sophia almost as if I wanted to jump in the book and help her myself. I don't really feel like there is a lot I can say about this book as I have nothing to compare it to. However I can say that it is very well written and I think RainySkky's ability to write in Ricky's POV is awesome. Being able to write in the style of a crazy obsessive stalker man in such an effective way, is what I would class as a talent and made it seem all the more real to me. I will admit that it did creep me out at times but that's what kept me turning pages I just couldn't put it down once I got in to it.

Thanks to Controlled I no longer completely shun all horror books and I have started to read RainySkky's other works too. So if I can handle it so can you.

As mentioned this is the first book of a trilogy which I have read all of so of course if you liked it you may as well read the series as i did. Just as a heads up RainySkky has actually written a prequel to Controlled, which gives us an insight i Ricky's life and why he is the way he is. Its called 'Forever Always Ends' so you may want to  check that out first. I would have written about it, except for that the fact that i haven't actually read it myself.

In addition to this on the basis of books I wouldn't usually read my 'Our love will be remembered'. I wasn't the biggest fan of this book it was a bit too twisted for me, but I finished it no the less. If you liked the who horror type genre then I would suggest this book to you, if not keep on scrolling.

If you liked the story line in this book then you will more than likely enjoy reading 'He plays it like he invented sex'. Don't let the title mislead you, although it is not as overtly sexual as you would expect from the title, I would still only recommend this book to older readers (16+)

Finally on the basis of having a 'A Knight in shining armour', my forth recommendation to you is 'He Saved Me'. I read this about a month back and although it discusses a pretty serious topic I quite enjoyed it.

Sorry for the long rant guys i guess i did have quite a lot to say.

As always all books mentioned can be found in my library. (Except Forever Always Ends)

Until next time :)

Adios!x