In with the old, In with the new

I yawn and stretch my arms out only to realize im not dressed. My eyes widen and I sit up quickly causing myself to get dizzy. I glance over at Jake ,who is also undressed, asleep next to me. I place my head in my hands and heave a sigh, the unexpected came about last night. I wrap myself in the under sheet and walk over to the bathroom, my head pounding. I look in the mirror, my hair is messed, my eyes remain in their wild state. I reach up and open the medicine cabinet pulling out the aspirin, I take two from the bottle and walk out of the bathroom to see Jake looking at me with a smile. I avoid eye contact with him and walk into the kitchen grabbing myself a cold glass of water. I pop the aspirin into my mouth and drain half the glass of water. I glance over at the trash can , several empty bottles of wine sit on the top. Of course. He took advantage of me. I sigh and sit down on the kitchen counter with the bed sheet still tightly wrapped around me. I look up as I hear footsteps approaching "is something the matter Nicole?". I glared and him coldly and he sighed "you took advantage of me last night!" I snap gesturing to the empty bottles of wine. "I-I know I'm sorry!" "Right" I get off the counter and storm past him, he grabs my wrist and I yank it from his grip "don't touch me". I walk into my bedroom and grab his clothing, I walk out and thrust the mess of clothes into his arms "leave" "wait! Nicole I didn't me-" "leave!" I walk in my room and slam the door locking it, I sigh and lean against the door, sliding down it. I bury my face in my hands and tears start to burn my eyes. I hold back a sob and try to pull myself together, which seems nearly impossible, but somehow I manage. I stand up and walk to my dresser pulling out my work uniform. I quickly dress and go into the bathroom pulling my hair up and applying a little foundation. When I walk out of my bedroom I see Jake infront of my door his head in his hands. "I thought I told you to leave?" "Nicole I'm so sorry!" "I-I don't care!" I rush past him and I walk into the closet pulling out my coat. I slide it on and open the front door "Nicole wait" "lock the door when you leave" my voice cracks as I look back at him before I walk out closing the door.

I arrive at work an hour later, my boss is waiting for me outside "Nicole! Me and the crew were so worried! We are glad to see you alive!" He smiles warmly and pulls me into a hug, I hug back sighing. "Unfortunately Captain Sigurd informed me that he doesn't want you working, nor does the doctors, we will see you after Opillio Season" "but what will I do for money?" "We are paying you while you are off because of your near death" "o-oh " "see ya" he gave a half smile and walked away. I climbed back into my car and laid my head on the steering wheel and sighed. I never wanted this.