Chapter 1- Meet Cute

© 2014 Mahogany_Rain. All rights reserved.

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved. This story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in whole or in part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright holder, and any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law.

Mahogany_Rain1@yahoo.com. All rights reserved.

Story not edited.

This is my first watt pad story. I won't tolerate any undue or unnecessary harshness to me or anyone who reads this. If you feel that you can't read this without being cruel then by all means leave the story now. For those of you who can, I hope you enjoy it.

-----------------------

"What do you mean you won't be back? We have been preparing for this meeting for a week."

" Well kiddo, I told you if I don't do it that Vincent will take lead in this meeting."

" I know but he's not here, his flight is probably not even in from Italy yet."

"Don't worry kid, he'll be there trust me. I told you that he would be taking over for me one day, and I think now is as good a time as any. It's time I took a break from the company and spent more time with my family.

"How long of a break?"

I knew this day would come but not this soon. I have been working as executive assistant for Antonio Covelli( Covelli & Covelli Marketing and Ad agency) for the past five years ever since I was 22. I love my job it's fast paced and the money is great.

"I thought you would hang on for a few more years at least. Your the best boss a girl could have."

"Don't worry kid, your in good hands. By the way Gianna wants to know if your still going to come for dinner tonight around 6:30."

"Tell Mrs. C I'll be there."

Hanging up the phone I got right to work gathering the things that Vincent will need for the presentation. I've never officially met him but I did speak to him a few times on the phone. Hearing a knock on my office door I tell the person to come in.

"Good afternoon, how can I help you?"

"I want to look over the presentation before the meeting starts, so bring it to my office." He says walking away.

Rude much "and you would be....? You do know the proper thing to do when coming into someone's office is to introduce yourself."

Turning around and looking at me with raised eyebrows he walks over to me and stops in front of my desk. "Let me see, I came to your office asking for the presentation, that must mean I'm Vincent which makes me your boss. How's that for an introduction? I don't like repeating myself, now can you handle it or do I need to get someone else."

Girl take a deep breath, you need your job I say to myself to calm down. " I got it."

"What a jerk." I say once he's out of earshot. Getting up I walk to the door that connects his father's office to mine, well I guess it's his office now. Opening the door I walk to his desk and place what he needs for the presentation on it.

"Is there anything else that you need?"

"I didn't ask for anything else." He says without looking up.

Clinching my hands into fist by my side and taking a deep breath I walk out the office. I jumped into my work try to forget about the arrogant moron in the next room. I was so focused on my work that I jumped when the intercom on my desk went off.