chapter seventeen: here we go again

Stiles, my dad, and I pulled up to the old decrepid building late that night after the rain had stopped. When we got out we heard a motorbike approaching.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Scott asked.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this." My dad said.

"It's only 72 hours." Stiles said.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies." Scott said, looking to my dad. "You don't know everything yet,"

"I know enough. Nogitsunes, Kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called."

"Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct." I said.

"Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist." My dad said.

"Then why are you putting him in here?" Scott asked.

"He's not. It was my decision." Stiles said.

"Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here." Scott said.

"And I can't hurt you." Stiles said.

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something. And if we can't... "

"If you can't... If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay?" Stiles said. "Make sure I never get out. Come on." He said leading us in.

We walked in the building and it was instant chill.

"Mr. Stilinski?" A nurse called. "This way please." She said guding us to small office to discuss papers. "First 72 hours there's no phone calls, no e-mails, no visitors. We will be taking you from here to a brief physical. In the morning you'll be assessed by a staff psychologist, speak to a social worker and attend group therapy."

"I feel like we're forgetting something." My dad said, dropping the pen.

"You will be wearing these, Stiles. No laces allowed. You don't have a belt, do you?" The nurse asked my brother, placing slippers on the table. "And please empty your pockets in here." She said placing a pillow on the counter.

"Your pillow." My dad said. "Your pillow. We forgot your pillow." 

"Dad, it's okay." I said.

"No, no. You're never going to be able to fall asleep. We... We got to go back." He said.

"It's fine, Dad. I don't need it." Stiles said.

"I can't believe I forgot it. I mean, every time that we've ever stayed in a hotel, the first thing you pack is your pillow." My dad said.

"You can bring it tomorrow. It's all right." Stiles said.

"Okay, you know what? Stop. Stop. Enough. Stiles, get your stuff. I'm not checking you in here if you're not gonna get one good night's sleep." My dad stod up, panicked.

"Dad. I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks." My brother said, hugging my dad, then me.

I held my Dad's hand as the Nurse walked Stiles away.

"This is what's best for him dad." I said. "Until we figure out how to kill the thing inside him."

~

"Did you have any trouble with Ikeda?" Chris' voice came through the speaker phone in the clinlic.

"Only minor. The white wolf was exactlywhere you said it would be. But we have two problems now. First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days." Deaton said.