chapter one: what the hell is going on?

"I'm just saying it's completely stupid." Charlotte said.

"How is it anymore stupid than Brooke and Isaac?" Blake said.

"Uh simple. Stiles is my brother, Isaac is not your brother." I laughed, throwing an M&M in my mouth.

"Well, our chances with the two of them are exactly the same." Blake cracked, sticking her tongue out at me in response to which I threw a pillow at her head.

"Wait a minute, you guys hear that?" Charlotte asked.

"What? The sound of Blake's heart breaking at the thought of never being with my brother." I laughed.

"No, seriously." Charlotte said, putting her hand up, signaling for us to shut up. "It sounds like it's coming from your brother's room." 

"Seriously? You too? We're not going in there, Blake. Charlotte isn't helping your case." I said.

"I didn't do this!" Blake protested.

"I'm being serious, B." Char said, pressing her ear to the wall connecting my room to my brothers. "He sounds like he's totally freaking out." 

"What?" I asked in a panic, hopping to my feet and running to Stiles' room. "Stiles?" I said as I opened the door, seeing him tossing and turning in his bed and mumbling. 

"Lydia?" He called out in his dream state.

"Oh, gross." I said, shutting the door and turning to see Blake directly behind me, making me jump. "Jesus chr- Blake what the hell?"

"Did he just say Lydia?" She asked.

"Yeah, some weird dream." I said.

"Hm. Dreaming about Lydia." She said, crossing her arms over her chest and looking to Charlotte in the doorway of my bedroom. "Ya know, I don't even see what he sees in her? She's not even that hot." 

"Are you kidding me? Lydia's a complete smoke show." Charlotte said. "Jealous." She pointed at Blake with a laugh before walking back into my bedroom.

"What? No, I'm just speaking the truth." Blake said.

"Yeah and tomorrow after school we can get your eyes checked, and your brain." I laughed, shoving her toward my room and closing the door.

~

"You ready to go?" I asked my brother, sitting at the kitchen counter. "Stiles?"

"Hm?" He looked up.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, uh you ready?" He said, standing up.

"Uh, yeah."

"Let's go." 

The three girls squeezed in the back seat so that we could fit Scott in the front.

"Good morning girls." Scott smiled at us as he got in the Jeep and looked quickly at my brother before back at me. "What's up with him?" 

I shrugged my shoulders and Scott quirked his brow as we drove to school in silence. 

"We're gonna run to the cafeteria before homeroom, you wanna come?" Charlotte asked.

"No thanks, I'll catch up with you guys later." I smiled and waved as the two parted ways from me and the boys as we walked down the stairs.

"Seriously, what is up with you?" Scott asked my brother for the third time this morning. 

Stiles took a deep sigh and scratched the back of his head before beginning to explain a series of strange dreams he had last night, including the nematon.