A Confusing Akuma

Adriens Point of View

"What do you mean?" Concern filled her eyes, studying my face intently.

I gently rubbed my sore arm with my hand. It was out of nowhere, but everything had started hurting and my body was suddenly covered in cuts and bruises. That's what caused me to transform. Plagg obviously knew what was going on, but refused to tell me, only saying the suit would help with the pain. It was too weird, I couldn't tell her, she wouldn't believe me. "I'm getting to be too awesome, I transform before the attack." I winked at her, trying to play everything off.

She rolled her eyes, turning them back to the park. "It is weird, the woman still hasn't moved."

"I'm going down there."

"Wait," I felt her hand grab my arm, and it took a lot not to shrink away from the pain. "We don't know if there's a villain waiting down there for us."

"We will have to see." I leapt down to the woman, stopping right in front of her. "Are you okay?" I asked, crouching down in front of her. She didn't move. I looked at her closer only to see that she wasn't blinking either, she was perfectly frozen in time. I glanced around then waved at Ladybug, signaling for her to come down.

"What happened?" M'lady asked after examining the woman closely.

"I have no clue." I walked around, trying to make sense of what happened. I ended up near the fountain to see that the water had stopped moving. I stuck my hand in, but I couldn't move the water. "Hey, come look at this!" I called my partner over. She looked over it quickly, looking just as confused as me.

I felt someone watching me. I quickly turned around, Ladybug following suite, to see a glowing light blue figure. "Who are you?"

"I am The Constant. You need to stay away, nothing can change!" The figure said. From its chest, a small light blue glowing orb shot out towards me, I stood still, frozen. I was suddenly on the ground, Ladybug on top of me. I couldn't help the since of pain that came to my face, and she noticed(thankfully she wasn't hit by the orb). Before she could ask what was wrong, another ball came our way and we quickly moved.

This was going to be rough.

Yes, I know, a very short chapter, but I'm tired and confused on what to do next. Please comment or message me big ideas and focuses for the rest of the book, it'd make finishing it a lot easier. Sorry for the long wait.

Love ya guys! 🦄

-E