Weird

Marinettes Point of View

"Tikki!" I exclaimed as I tenderly moved my arm around a bit, wondering how I'd get free.

"Marinette?" It was weak, but I definitely heard it.

"Tikki!"

I spotted her a few feet away from me laying on her side. She shakily pulled her head up and started crawling to me. Once she had finally made it over, I scooped her up in my hand and gently hugged her.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay? Do you think that you'll be able to transform?"

She nodded. "I should be fine, I think I'm just mostly in shock. Plus, it's more important that we save the world now."

I didn't want to overwork her, but I had no choice. Marinette was too weak to get out of this situation herself. Ladybug wouldn't be held back. "Tikki, spots on." I reluctantly said and a flash of light later, I was in my suit. I pushed the rubble off of my arm and stood up, taking notice of the extra support in the suit surrounding my arm.

"M'lady." Chat Noir greeted me as I swung up next to him on the roof.

"What do we have?"

"I don't know."

I looked at him in disbelief, but his eyes were trained towards the center of the park, barely blinking. I followed his eyes to see nothing unusual.  

"What are you looking at?"

"I don't know. . . something just feels off about that place."

I refocused my eyes to the park. It was empty except for a woman reading a book on a bench.

"I don't see anything wrong."

He glanced at me. "Exactly."

"What?" What was he talking about? Did he actually loose his mind?

He sighed. "Look," he pointed to the woman. "she hasn't turned the page this whole time."

"Maybe it's a difficult book, or she's having a hard time focusing, but why are you over here when there's a building that just collapsed?!" Of course I was mentioning the roof that had fallen on top of me.

He suddenly pulled his eyes from me. "What? Where?!"

"Follow me." I pulled out my yo-yo and swung over to the school. It was fine. "Wait, what? I swear, this thing's roof just caved in."

"This is weird." I nodded in agreement. "Now I'm going back to the park. My senses are just screaming that something is wrong."

I scoffed. "Your senses?"

"The ones that come from my Miraculous."

I shrugged and zipped back off to the park. I might as well trust him.

Once we were back at the roof overlooking the park, I kept my eyes on the woman with the book. It was a little strange how she didn't turn the pages yet. Out of nowhere, a thought came across my mind and the more I thought about it, the less sense it made.

"Hey, Chat," He hummed to acknowledge me, "if you only felt something was wrong because of your Miraculous, why did you transform?"

His face got very serious and he turned towards me almost looking sad.

"I think something's wrong with me."

Sorry for not updating a lot, but I want to thank everyone who pushed me to updating, I'm having a bit of writers block that I think I'm just about finished with. I don't think I'll be able to consistently update this, so feel free to push me to update if you want more, although it may be a while. Also feel free to personally message me with ideas on where to take this story.  

Love ya guys! 🦄

-E