A Bathroom Conversation

Adriens Point of View

"Marinette?" I quickly walked in her direction, wanting to talk to her about our similar injuries and maybe ask a few questions that have been building up in my head all day.

Marinette turned her head away from her locker, but when she met my eye, it was evident that she was panicking. "Ummmm...." she looked around, looking for something. What could she be looking for? "......Alya!" She focused her gaze on Alya who was observing the two of us on a bench near Marinette.

"Yes?" She turned her eyes to her, looking confused.

Marinette looked even more lost than Alya. "I need to talk to you right now in the...." she paused yet again, clearly thinking of a place to meet. "The bathroom! Yeah, the girls bathroom right now." She quickly grabbed Alyas arm and dragged her off in the direction of the bathroom before I even got the chance to open my mouth to call out to her.

I walked over to the bathroom door, deciding to wait her out. This thing with our injuries was so weird. Not like I was eavesdropping, but I heard a very loud and aggressive sounding conversation behind the door. Out of nowhere, the side of my hip started hurting. I bent over in pain, it felt like I was shot! On the other side of the door, I also heard a hiss of pain, but I didn't pay much attention to that as I grabbed the wall and used it to support myself as the terrible feeling started to go away, leaving me to think where it came from.

I heard hesitant and cautious laughter from the other side of the door. "Are you alright?" Alya asked. How did she know? Maybe she didn't and it was just part of the conversation she was having with Marinette.

"Yeah, I just hit my hip on the sink, it's feeling much better now." Marinette replied. Yeah, I couldn't help myself. I was kind of listening in on their conversation now.

Alya started laughing again, although it now sounded like she was a lot more sure of herself. "You're so clumsy, girl." She paused to calm her laughter down. "Now you've been really vague. Why did you drag me in here? What's going on between you and Adrien?"

I was really interested now. I was barely letting myself breath, trying to be able to hear every word that would come from Marinettes mouth.

"I can't say." Well that was disappointing.

I heard a sigh. "Oh, come on! You dragged me in here so now you have to tell me something!"

"I have to get ready for class." I heard footsteps. The door was pushed open so I could see Marinette. Her eyes quickly found me and she looked completely startled, her cheeks even turned a little pick.

"Hey, Marinette." I said, looking down at her. "I've been meaning to talk to you."

Marinette looked down, seemingly unable to meet my eye. She brought her hand up to the back of her neck and rubbed it a little, reminding me of something I do, especially when I'm uncomfortable. "I know."

I'm sooooo sorry for the late update!!!! I know that you guys must be shocked to see that I finally did get to it, but I hope you like it! Hopefully I'll be able to update this and my other books more often.

Thank you to all of those who asked me to update, you guys are the best!

Love ya guys! 🦄

-E