At the Wrong Time

Marinettes Point of View

"Well, I better get to class now!" I quickly said, desperate to get away from the situation. I still didn't even understand what the heck was going on. I'd have to ask Tikki later.

Adrien reached out, wobbling slightly from his cast. "What is going on?" He asked, his green eyes trying to put me in a trance.

I shook my head, not letting myself get sucked in. "I don't know, I guess it was a series of incredible coincidences." I didn't even think, my mouth was talking unsupervised at this point. "Our teacher is already pretty upset with me from what happened earlier, so I better get there on time." I said, referring to when she had asked me a question but I was zoned out and couldn't answer.

"You're going to be very early then."

I shrugged. "Better then late." And quickly darted off, not letting him talk any more. Of course, I wasn't going to class yet. I rushed into the closest deserted classroom. Thankfully there were a lot because of it being lunchtime. "Tikki," I opened my purse and she flew out of it and nodded for me to continue. "Can you please tell me what's going on between me and Adrien?" She seemed to know.

She sighed and looked down, slowly hovering lower. "It's just an old legend, probably not even true. I'm sure it's like what you said, coincidences." She was obviously hiding something.

"What is it?"

She was now sitting on the teachers desk. "I can't even remember where it came from, but it said that when the two strongest soulmates are born, sometime in their life they will connect a magical bond that will allow them to feel each others pain. If it's true, then you might have just connected yours."

"Adrien and I are........ soulmates?" I felt an incomparable joy flood through my body at the thought.

She flew in front of my face. "Maybe not, remember, just an old legend that's probably not true!"

"But still-" I wasn't able to finish because of the low grumbling that reached my ears and gently shook the ground. "What is that?" I asked Tikki, turning to look at her when a louder grumbling was heard and the ground gave an even bigger jerk. I was about to talk to Tikki but suddenly it was raining dust and a loud crash was heard.

After what felt like a minute, the dust started to clear and I could get a good look around. The room I was standing in had collapsed and I was sitting under a ton of rubble. In the distance I saw a giant figure. "An akuma!" I looked around. "Tikki!" I had to turn into Ladybug and fast. I tried to stand up but cried out as my arm was crushed under a big chunk of the building and was now shooting pains up my arm now that the shock was gone, but I had more important things to worry about.

"Tikki, where are you!" I felt tears come to my eyes as I thought of her alone and hurt. "Are you okay!?"

Sorry for the late update, I haven't been on Wattpad in a while. Thank you for your patience.

And the title refers to the akuma and building collapse happening in an inconvenient time.

Love ya guys! 🦄

-E