15. Tokyo Tower

"Okay Shouyou, you can open your eyes now," Kenma said softly, letting go of Hinata's wrist now that he wasn't guiding him around the busy streets of the city.

Hinata squinted his eyes open against the bright light of the sun and almost immediately gasped, mouth hanging open and hands flapping uselessly at his sides.

For a long moment he couldn't speak. Then –

"Is that the Tokyo Tower?!"

"It is," Kenma confirmed calmly, and was nearly knocked off of his feet when Hinata barrelled into his side with a firm hug, a faint, high pitched noise of excitement escaping Hinata like air would escape a balloon.

"This is amazing!" Hinata finally let go, jogging on the spot as if to try and stop himself from bouncing up and down.

A hand fell on his shoulder, and Hinata glanced to the side to make eye contact with Yaku, the Nekoma's libero.

"Did you know," Yaku began, voice low in a conspirator's whisper, "That you can go up the Tower?"

Hinata was rendered speechless again, hands lifting to grasp desperately at Yaku's wrist and trembling excitedly, eyes wide in wonder as Yaku grinned wider and wider at the look on the middle blocker's face.

"We've got to be quick though!" Kuroo interrupted, slinging an arm around Hinata's shoulders, "Before that captain of yours realises we've whisked you away."

"I think an entire team missing from the training camp would draw a lot of suspicion," Kenma muttered and flinched in surprise when Hinata snatched his hand up and dragged him forwards, towards the tower.

"Quick, quick, Kenma-kun! We've got to beat the others to the top!"

"I'll beat you there!" Inuoka challenged, and was pushed back by an enthusiastic Lev who took a running start.

"I'll beat all of you!" he cackled over his shoulder.

"Don't you dare get a headstart!" Yamamoto roared as he took off after the tall, lanky first year, Inuoka just feet behind.

"Come on Kenma-kun!" Hinata tugged imploringly at his hand. "We've got to go or they'll get there before us!"

"We can't actually go up the tower today, Shouyou," Kenma said gently. "We don't have our bags or any money."

"B-But?" Hinata began.

"There're still three days let to the training camp. I'll take you here on the last day."

"Promise?" Hinata asked imploringly, staring longingly after the others as they ran towards the tower, his eyes gazing in wonder at the tip of the tower.

"I promise," Kenma replied quietly and was rewarded with a bright smile.

"Is there any room for one more on this little date?" Kuroo asked, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively, and was promptly punched in the side by Kenma, stumbling off with a quiet wheeze.