13. Little Sister

"Sorry I'm late," Hinata wailed as he bounded into the gymnasium, bag bouncing against his hip with every hurried step. Tucked against his side in his other arm was a tiny redheaded bundle, and practice came to a screeching halt, culminating with Tanaka getting hit in the side of the head with a volleyball.

The tiny bundle laughed.

"I had to bring my little sister with me, mum's got a doctor's appointment!" Hinata explained breathlessly. "And we nearly missed the train! Say hello, Nat-chan!"

Natsu wriggled her way out of Hinata's arms, standing on steady feet and said, loudly and enthusiastically, "Hello everybody! I'm Natsu, and I'm five years old!" She held a tiny, pudgy hand out and spread her fingers to properly indicate her age.

Hinata let his bag drop from his shoulder and dove in to tickle his little sister.

"Don't be distracted by the cuteness, she's a little monster!"

"Shou-nii!" Natsu laughed, trying to squirm away.

Unbidden, while watching the spectacle unfold, Yamaguchi lifted a hand to his heart at the cuteness of it all. Across the room, Yachi was doing exactly the same.

"Is it going to be safe for her to be here? I mean, if someone misses the ball and it risks hitting her…" Takeda asked hesitantly and Hinata lifted his head from where he'd been blowing raspberries against Natsu's cheeks and neck.

"She will sit with us," Kiyoko suddenly interjected. "And I will make sure she doesn't come to any harm."

Natsu stared wide eyed up at Kiyoko and waved a hand to try and catch her attention. Kiyoko offered a small smile and crouched down, hands on her knees so Natsu would have her entire attention.

"You're very pretty," Natsu said in a confidential whisper, and Kiyoko smiled wider, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear as she replied, "As are you, Natsu-chan."

Natsu's mouth dropped in amazement before she went nearly as red as her hair, hurriedly burying herself into Hinata's side, cheek pressed to the side of his neck, his chin resting on her head as the little girl stared up in wonder at Kiyoko.

"She's shy when she's complimented," Hinata explained, giving a quiet grunt as he was elbowed in the chest as Natsu tried to fit herself into the small gap between his knees and head where he was crouched from before.

Yamaguchi audibly said 'oh no that's cute'.

"That's quite alright. Natsu-chan, would you like to sit with Yachi-chan and I so we can watch the boys play volleyball?"

"We can watch Shou-nii play?" Natsu asked, almost suspiciously but excitement clear in her eyes, even as she tried to worm herself further into Hinata's embrace.

"Daichi," Sugawara suddenly said warningly. "Put your phone away."

Kiyoko glanced over to see Daichi start a hushed argument with Sugawara, Daichi's phone pointed towards Hinata and his precious bundle. Surreptitiously, she leaned her body slightly to the side, out of the way of any prospective pictures to show her silent support. While Sugawara's mouth pinched slightly in disapproval, he ended up leaning over to start critiquing Daichi's photography skills and at one point even grabbed the phone to start taking photos himself.

"Why, your brother is the star of the show, Natsu-chan. Of course you can watch him play."

Natsu eyed Kiyoko warily before scrambling away from Hinata and taking Kiyoko's outstretched hand, letting the manager lead her across the gym towards the benches.

("Daichi," Asahi whispered after practice, his own phone clutched in his hands. "Could I get some of those photos?"

Nishinoya was hovering hopefully by his elbow, Tanaka not far behind.)