9.Lion

Oh my god I've offended him was Lev's first thought at watching Hinata do what he could only describe as 'an angry crab dance'.

His second thought was aren't shorter people angrier because they're closer to hell?

Then he went ahead and put his foot in his mouth.

"No matter what way you look at it, I'm going to jump higher than you because you're short," Lev found himself saying and Hinata went very, very still. Despite his heritage – and no, he could not speak Russian, why does everyone ask? – and the meaning of his name, Lev did not feel like the powerful lion in that moment.

Hinata's stare was intense and Lev felt like squirming under it, eyes darting left and then right as he tried to think of a way to apologise quickly and then leave while making it look like he wasn't running away.

Then, Hinata flew. For a split second, his face was level with Lev's, eyes still wild despite a placid face.

The effect was ruined when Hinata slammed headfirst into the doorway and collapsed, crouching down and curling his hands over his head.

Suddenly, Hinata wasn't something to be feared, but to be protected.

And that was how Sugawara, sent to look for their wayward number ten, found one Lev Haiba curled around a slightly frazzled Hinata trying to placate him, tears of pain in the middle blocker's eyes, and a look of panic on the Nekoma players face.

The conversation went a little like this:

"Lev-san was it? Could you please let Hinata-kun go? It's time for lights out."

"Ah. I don't think I can."

"Sorry?"

"Rather…no?"

Let it be known Sugawara was not to be crossed, and that secrets were kept as a result of that night.

After all, Lev didn't want anyone to know that he got karate-chopped and subsequently knocked over by the most gentle, unassuming member of Karasuno ever who then proceeded to pick Hinata up in a bridal style carry and sprint away.