Chapter 21 - Darkness

Chapter Twenty One - Darkness

When Sabrina's eyes fluttered open, she was met with darkness. She blinked and tried to move her hands but found that they were tied behind her back. Memory trickled back to her as she looked around at the low ceiling and dirty walls. The image of the man with the hood last night flashed in her mind. His hand on her face and then...darkness. She wondered if she'd fainted. Her head felt heavy.

There was a single light bulb, swinging slowly back and forth on a rusty chain as it illuminated the dull, mostly empty room. A loud banging noise made her jump and she listened, terrified, as she heard footsteps and loud voices from a what seemed like, outside the room she was in. She desperately tried to pull at the binding which held her wrists together. The voices moved closer just as she managed to free her hands.

The door flew open and Sabrina, keeping her hands behind her back so it looked as if they were still tied together, stared at the men who walked in. She almost gasped as she recognized Osama.

"You-" She found herself exclaiming.

He grinned at her and turned to a tanned, curly haired man with a frightening sneer.

"Well, Reed, I did as you requested." He told him. "Am I in or no?"

Reed stepped closer to her until she could smell the stench of beer and drugs clinging onto his jacket. He had a dirty look, as if he didn't bother taking showers and his greasy hair shone under the poor light. She caught the whiff of old cologne mixed with cigarette smoke. He grinned down at her and slid his finger under her chin.

"Pretty thing, aren't you? I see why Khalid is crazy for you." He remarked, observing her hijab with a look of distaste.

He smirked and with a quick jerk of his hands, pulled it off. Sabrina whipped her hand out, in anger, trying to reach for her scarf but clawed at his face instead. He reeled back, in surprise and stared at her. She stared at him back and seethed.

"Give it back." She snarled, covering her hair with her hood.

"I thought you said her hands were tied." Reed ignored her, addressing Osama.

He shrugged, and grimaced when Reed stared him down with a menacing glare.

"Whatever." He growled. "It's not like she's going anywhere."

Sabrina glowered at him. "What do you want from me?"

He smirked at her, tossing her hijab to the side. She watched it crumple to the floor and her anger flared once again.

"Nothing. We want Khalid." He answered, his voice amused. "Now excuse me, I need to make a call."

She watched him pull out a phone and dial a number. While he was busy with that, she eyed her hijab and wondered if she could reach it without Reed noticing. She gave up, seeing it was closer to him than her and instead wondered why Osama would want to join a gang that hung out in a dump. The room smelled like milk gone bad. She hoped Reed wasn't calling Khalid. Her heart sunk when Reed put the phone on speaker and grinned at her as Khalid picked it up.

"What do you want?" He growled, and even though he sounded beyond pissed, it caused a warm feeling to bloom inside Sabrina's chest to hear his familiar voice.

Reed smirked and teased him for a moment before getting to the point. Sabrina watched him darkly, her hate growing with each word he uttered.

"We have a surprise for you." He smirked, leering at Sabrina.

She unconsciously wrapped her arms around her body. Her hood didn't cover her neck making her feel exposed. She heard Khalid's breath hitch on the other line.