Chapter 9 Mr. Monk and P.O.V.

It struck me as a masculine gesture. I would have wiped tears away with my fingertips. I would wiped his away if it weren’t for my astonishing powers of self-control and it was the second time I dastardly knew I was love struck again. Stottlemeyer gestured to us. “This is Adrian Monk, a private detective who consults with the police department, his associate, Natalie Teeger, and Detective Jack Brook.”

                    “Is that barbed wire tattooed on your wrist?” Monk asked.  Lance ran his finger over the tattoo on his left arm. “I got it when I turned eighteen to go along this teen garage band I was in.”

                   “You live like that,” Jack said, “you make a lot of enemies. Do you know who killed the man or seen any facial features at all?”. Lance shook his head. “He was masked.” Stottlemeyer then asked “Tell us what happened at the start or when you saw the crime.”

                   Lance stated “I was just taking a stroll near the alley because I needed some fresh air after working on documents or resumes for the shipping company I was applying for. As I neared the alley, I heard shouting. I peeked from the corner and saw a masked man in black; he was wearing a turtleneck sweater, black jeans, gray Nike sneakers and a black face mask. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but I saw that the masked man was pointing a pistol to the old man’s head and threatening to pull the trigger. Then, the old man shouted, took a gun out of his jacket and was about to shoot until he was shot in the head. I accidentally kicked a can and the masked man looked straight at me, then I ran.”