Chapter 1 Mr. Monk and Wipes

I finally realized that my only hope was a miracle, to work with a not-so-Monk detective. Not forever, because as difficult as he was, I liked him, and the job was flexible enough to allow me to be there for my daughter. All I really needed were a few peaceful days with someone who wasn't, well, MONK. The problem was all the non-Monk people I know see Monk always.

                    But then one day, I was just shopping with Monk and for some reason Monk was arranging the store's postcards by geographical location, size and paper. But that was Monk. Once I got all the items, we went to the counter and unfortunately this particular store only wanted credit cards. Monk gave his credit card and when the employee swiped and held out the card. "Wait." Monk turned and reached his hand toward me, palm up. " Wipe."

                   I gave him a wipe. Monk reached for the card with his wipe with extreme caution as if it was infected by radiaoctive materials. He got it and was given the receipt by a bewildered employee to sign his signature. Luckily he signed it perfectly unlike last time at Hawaii when he signed his signature for thirty times just to get it right. Once we went out, "Good thing that you perfected your signature this time." I said with the groceries in my hand.

                      "Of, course." he proudly said. "It is verification of your identity. It's an extension of who you are." Then suddenly, Stottlemeyer called. Telling Monk to go to Lombard street and Monk was in a hurry with a face that I know means there is a murder Monk must solve. We arrived there and I thought that a tornado went through here. Monk and I were stuck next to a trash can since there was a crowd and we couldn't get in the crime scene, not even the yellow tape itself.

                    "Wipe!" Monk needed that wipe like he had just caught a disease, "Stat!" "For what?" I said surprised. "Open your eyes, woman. There is trash can and lots of people near us. This is a full-wipe situation." I gave him the wipe as soon as I could and we eventually reached the crime scene while Monk was wiping himself vigorously. We met up with Stottlemeyer as soon as we could.