Chapter 4 - Mysterious Noise

Blaire Luine's POV

        I had walked out of school the evening after school was over with my hood tight around my head. It was to not only keep away from Grey but also Leroy. I didn't want to have another eye contact moment with him. I never liked it. I knew he was always trying to get my attention but I never looked at him. I didn't want to be mocked at by him. Grey is enough but by Leroy? For some reason, he mocking me doesn't settle right with me.

       I was walking with my head down through the woods as this was a shorter way to reach my home. I didn't live in the pack house like everyone else. I had a little hut in the woods, it contain two bedrooms, one of which I sleep in, the other is empty. I have a kitchen stocked with the necessities: a stove, a refrigerator, a black marble top sink that is my favorite feature in my kitchen, a small kitchen island that is in the center. Everything is situated in an arced shaped, something I quite like. My living room have a loveseat and a small sofa, the bathroom is connect to the middle of the two rooms so if someone were to stay in my other room, we would have to share bathrooms.

       But since no one had ever come to visit me no one had ever use it. Only the old Alpha had come to check on me but since they were on vacation I didn't have a visitor for a while.

        I enjoy being a distance away from the pack house where no one can bother me. Somewhere close enough to be in the border lines but far enough to be alone.

          I was just about to enter the clearing where my house was when I felt the presence of someone. I stopped in my spot immediately since I knew not many people know where I lived. I slowly looked around, trying to locate where this sudden presence came from.

         I was on high alert but didn't let it show. I knew it wasn't a rogue as I would smell the foul stench but also not a pack member that I knew because I strangely memorized the smell of each of them.

        With one final look around, I took longer strides towards my house as I would not wait any longer for what was lurking in the woods. I was already weak as it is, I don't need any extra injury from today. My head was still slightly burning from Grey stepping on it and my healing was not like the other as I do not heal like everyone else.

       This was one of the reason I was bullied. Adding to my muteness and the rumors of me being a lunatic, me not shifting was labeled to them as being weak. I don't know the reason of their distaste towards my situation but I never thought about it as I did not have the strength to do so.

     I was mentally drained most of the time. The constant taunting from everyone had hurt me repeatedly and somewhat made me immune to them. Well, I would like to think so.

       If anyone were to look at me, they would see me walking with my head down, hands tucked in my pocket, frown on my face and a constant flinching that was not normal for people my age. Throughout the years of being bullied and tortured, it had made me live with 'Haphephobia'.

Haphephobia. This is a rare specific phobia that involves the fear of touching or of being touched.

      If someone was to graze my arm, I would flinch away. If they would hold any part of my body, I would throw myself the other way and if I feel someone hand on me my reaction would worsen. I don't know what will happen because I hadn't give anyone the pleasure of doing so. This was something Grey knew that is why he keeps trying to touch me in anyway.

I always hated it.

          I walked in my room and flopped down on the bed. My walls were a grey and white pattern. Something that I was in love with. I had a double bed with grey sheets and white pillows. A small closet and a work table that had many paper that I am too lazy to clean off. I realize that my favorite color was the same as the name of the guy that caused me pain every day since I started school.

Great.

        As I lay on my back, I continued to stroke my curiosity on who may be in the woods so far from most on the pack's population. Not only on my thoughts on that but also about the unwanted attention from the school's population. All I wanted was to be left alone and be happy but I guess nothing ever goes your way.

       Ever since my parents died, I were called names after names. You know what the sad part was, no one didn't know the truth. They just saying that I was the one that killed them. I mentally whimpered at the thought of my parents. Even then, no one even tried to find out the so I didn't try to correct them.

          There was always a number of wolves that would bully me but Leroy never saw because they were always cautious to never do it around him. It was to their advantage that no one ever got to tell on them because I couldn't speak and everyone was either okay with what he was doing or they were too afraid to do so.

           I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts and got up to take a shower. I got out a pair of underwear and a pajama shorts with a tank top and head inside my shower. I washed my hair with my coconut shampoo and conditioner and clean my body with a strawberry body wash. I always like the smell strawberry and coconuts together. My own nose heaven. I silently grin and my thoughts and finish my routine in the shower.

           When I stepped out, I whipped my head towards my window. I was amazed how I didn't get a whip splash from that.

           Apart from my unnecessary thoughts that obviously just distracted me, I thought I saw movement in the forest behind my house. Since my window was facing behind my house I could see the backyard of my house.

           I stayed still for a while longer, then when I saw no other movement, I went to check if every lock inside my house was closed.

           When I saw it was already 6:30 p.m., I got my bag and finish my homework. By the time I was finish it was 8:00 so I just head to bed afterwards. I tried to not think about what pain is coming my way tomorrow, but i knew no amount of sleep would protect me from it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Comment, Vote, Share and follow me 'cause that would me awesome!!!

-Kira Lone.