Chapter 10

I nervously knocked on the door of my old home while hugging my coat closer to my body. There was a cold breeze out and if I wasn't careful I was going to catch a cold. After a few minutes my mother opened the door and dragged me into the warmness of the house. The smell of freshly baked muffins hung in the air along with the sweet scent of coffee. I breathed the smell in and gave a happy sigh and hung my coat before following my mother into the kitchen.

"A lot has changed around here," I commented as I looked around and she nodded with a tight smile.

"You haven't been here forever," she replied after a while and I just nodded not knowing how to reply.

"Is dad here?" I asked as I sat in the kitchen while she began serving me coffee and muffins.

"He's resting, I'll tell him you want to see him," she said wiping her hands on her apron.

"Before you go mom I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I've hurt you so much mom and I'm really sorry I blamed you for what was my fault which I realize now. I'm really sorry and I want to make things right with us," I said to her earnestly and she nodded before hugging me and I hugged her back feeling a huge weight being lifted off my chest.

After us talking generally about everything she went off to call my dad while I stayed in the kitchen drinking my coffee. While I waited for him I began playing around on my phone and a few minutes later he came in. I ran to hug him and he hugged back with a laugh. Getting married to Jack had made my relationship with my father rocky and having him hug me and laugh made me happy. I felt my icy heart slowly melting which made me happy, really happy.

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking and laughing catching up after those years. My heart truly felt happy at the moment knowing I was once again daddy's little girl. I felt like if anything ever happened I'd run to him like I always did. It was me being young again and I loved every moment of it.

"I'll come by soon dad," I said to him as I was wearing my coat so that I could leave.

He nodded with a sad smile and I hugged him again before going on to hug my mom. "I'll take you to the spa soon and we'll spend some time together."

My mother smiled which made me smile as well before I left the house and went to my car, a red Mercedes Benz. I laughed as I remembered how Jack had beaten me up for driving his Mercedes Benz and now it was different. I had my own cars and I could drive them without anyone beating me up for them. Life really did change.

As I slid in I decided my next location would be Luca's dad's mansion. Throughout the journey there I wondered if maybe going to confront him would be weird. It was none of business after all but after what he'd done to me, Luca and Bertha I felt like I owed it to them to at least give him a piece of my mind.

***

I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for Benjamin, Luca's father to meet me in his living room. Now that I was actually waiting for him I suddenly didn't feel as brave as I did earlier. Deciding the couch I was sitting on was making me feel really uncomfortable I decided to stand up instead but after a while I sat down again.

"What do you want here?" I heard an all too familiar voice say. I tried to calm my beating heart as I came face to face with Stella who was dressed in a skimpy lace dress that could pass off as night wear and was clung onto Benjamin's arm.

"That should be a question I should be asking you," I responded glaring at her which made her chuckle before she flashed a rock on her finger which shocked me. "I'm getting married next week, to your father in law."

I let myself digest the information I'd just been told by Stella and I took a deep breath. "Congratulations Stella," I said calmly to which she smirked at before calling Benjamin to join us.