Book 2: Chapter 1

3 months later

"Alex do you mind closing up for today, I have to go to dinner with Thomas. It's our 35th anniversary," Catherine, my boss said and I smiled and nodded as I finished cleaning up the back area. Everyone else had already gone home and I was left helping her around.

'Congratulations Cathy," I called after her and she nodded probably with a smile.

After cleaning up I removed my apron and carefully folded it before switching off all the lights and locking all the doors. I headed to the parking lot where I got in my mini cooper and drove home content and happy.

It had been about three months since I'd left Seattle, my old home. I now worked as a waitress in one of New York's top restaurants which was joined to a hotel. It wasn't that I was broke; my art was giving me a lot of money. I just wanted to live a normal life and I knew living my usual life would attract a lot of attention and not give me the break I needed. I was also living under a fake name so as to not draw attention to myself. if the paparazzi would ever find out billionaire Marcel's wife was working as a waitress they would go crazy and I knew Luca's empire didn't need that kind of publicity hence me being called Alexandra Klein.

While singing along to one of my favorite songs I finally arrived at my apartment that was actually Luca's apartment but that didn't matter much. Parking my car in the garage I headed to the elevator that would lead to the apartment. My phone started ringing and I had no idea where I'd put it so i started looking everywhere to find it and I dropped all the things from my bag in the process.

The elevator door then opened with me trying to stuff my makeup, wallet, cards, receipts and my pads back into my purse while I answered my phone.

"Gigi when are you coming back?" I heard Charlene and Caleb whine at the other end of the call and I rolled my eyes trying to balance everything.

"Need help?" I looked up to the owner of the deep voice and it was a very attractive man I'd seen somewhere. He was wearing a black suit that looked really good on him considering it hugged his body in the right places. He was blue eyed like me but brown haired. His hair was all spiky and messed up and it was working for him. Realizing I was staring I nodded frantically while he chuckled and helped me carry my things.

"I can't talk right now guys, I'll call you later," I told them making them start groaning while I hung up.

"Hey," the man said and I smiled before outstretching my hand which he took giving me a grin.

"So what happened to you back there?" he asked with a chuckle as we walked to my room.

"Well I was looking for my phone and the contents of my bag spilled out so I tried to pick them all up and stuff them in my bag while holding my phone so that it doesn't fall, makes sense?" I said looking up at him and he shook his head with a chuckle. His voice was deep and soothing for some reason. I stuck my tongue at him making him roll his eyes and I entered the code to my room while he looked aside. He seemed respectful.

"Come in," I invited him and he followed before dropping my things on the wooden table that was in the living room. The apartment was pretty huge. It had 3 bedrooms with bathrooms, an office, my art room, a library, a kitchen, dining and of course the living room. It was white and grey, the whole apartment was grey with a little white here and there. I was meaning to redecorate it to add more life to it and color.

"Pretty apartment," he said looking around and I shrugged.

"You don't strike me as a person who doesn't like color," he said with a smirk and I laughed. "Why do you say that?"

"Because of this," he uttered looking at one of my favorite painting that was a mixture of all the bright colors splashed together making a masterpiece.

I laughed as he assessed the painting with so much emotion being displayed in his eyes. "You like art?" I questioned moving close to him and the painting that was hung just by the door.

"I love it; one current of my favorite artist is Grace Marcel. Her art is beautiful," he told me with a wink and I subconsciously played around with my reading glasses that were absolutely fake. They were part of my disguise along with my hair that I'd dyed black.

"I love her too, that's one of her pieces actually," I told him and he looked impressed.

"Where'd you get it? I've never seen it on display."

I mentally face palmed myself for saying what I'd said. "She gave it to me, on my birthday," I mumbled with a small smile making him gape.

"You know her?" he asked incredulously and I nodded whilst wanting to scream 'I'm her'.

"I've been wanting to see her but it's so hard to get an appointment with her," he mumbled with a small frown while I just shrugged.

"She's been busy but she'll soon be free," I said cheerfully wanting us to move onto another topic which we gratefully did. The time flew by as we talked about different things, from the places you should visit in the world to history to climate change and to even mathematics. What could I say he got me like I did him.

"Shit it is two am," he muttered looking at his watch.

"I should probably sleep," I muttered stretching and putting away the Chinese we'd ordered.

"I'll be heading home. Bye Alex," he said with a grin and I smiled back before accompanying him to the door.

"Good bye Owen, it was really nice meeting you."

He nodded before going on his way. I'd learnt Owen lived in some posh New York neighborhood and had come to visit his sister. He was a really nice guy from what I'd gathered and I couldn't help but smile as I headed to bed where I fell asleep instantly. This was normal I guess. 

Loving book 2... Hope you will too..
Please Vote and Comment
Much love ❤️