The Promise.

• Dedicated to Nisha Rose

Hello again. Okay, apparently, the game doesn't work for me. Fine. It's okay. I will still post this story for the people who want to read. Mainly because I just finished it a few minutes ago. Still, it would be awesome if you can support me. It will be a good story. It's my first, and it's different. I'm still figuring a lot of things out. I mean, the characters are such a big contrast, it's scary. So please, gimme a chance. Love you! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ree's POV

I fight my way in. All the other girls seem to have the same idea as me though. At last, after pushing my way through all the people, I manage to squeeze to the front row of people. And there, as perfect and beautiful as ever, stands Catherine Crombell. My idol, my very own Role Model.

For a while, I just stand there, admiring her composure, her genuine smile. She looks so real, yet so unreal. A true angel. She is surrounded by her best friends, I love how she treats her best friends, she respects them, is loyal to them. They too, treat her the same way. They are more like sisters, actually.

The other girls' screams for attention snap me back to reality. I too, begin to call her name, wanting her to listen to what I have to say. She turns to me, and flashes her brilliant smile, coming towards me. Oh my gosh, THE Catherine Crombell is going to talk to me!

Breathe in, breathe out. Okay, I'm cool now.

I try to stand the way she always does. Back straight, arms at the side, and I flash her my own brilliant smile. Although I doubt my smile is prettier than hers. "Be confident", she always says. How can a girl only two years older than me affect people the way she affects me? I do not know. I hope she will accept my suggestion. I will be loyal to her forever.

I am tired of people not noticing me. I dress better than everyone else here, except for Catherine, of course. I look better,  I know I do. If only she will do something to change that. I am not saying inner beauty is not important, it is only because I do not have charisma, I do not have a very appealing personality, unlike some other people, namely Catherine, Allycia, Nishya and Christy. I want to be noticed.

Most of all, I want to be like her, popular, lovely, beautiful.

She stands before me now, stunningly beautiful, waiting for me to say something. I gape at her for a bit, before composing myself once more. I look at her and smile. "Hi Catherine." She laughs before saying "Hey, Ree." Oh My Gosh! She knows my name! Okay, stop it Reeane, you are talking to the Role Model, of course she knows your name. I take a deep breath and try again, but before I can open my mouth, someone calls her and she turns towards the source of the voice. Ugh, why? I thought she is talking to me. Stupid interruption.

I, too, turn to the direction of the call. It is Nishya. Her cousin cum best friend. She comes over, and Catherine smiles at her, asking her if anything is the matter. Nishya does not say anything, she pulls Catherine away from me. Not purposely, of course, they only do that because it is what they do. And they chat. Just like that, I am forgotten.

Why is Cath doing this to me? If I do not know better, I would say she does not like me. It is okay, I know I mean something to her. I will forgive her because it is important to make her listen to what I have to say. She wants me as a best friend, I know she does. It is just a matter of time. In the end, I will get what I deserve. After all, that is what Catherine says. And Catherine is never wrong.

Nishya and my future best friend keep chatting. When they begin to walk away, Catherine turns back at me and smiles. Is it me, or does her smile seem forced? No, it is probably just me. I shake my head, trying to clear the thought away. Of course she likes me. Why would she not? I am pretty. Everyone likes pretty things.  

I watch as they both walk away, side-by-side, in an intense conversation. Soon, they disappear into the crowd, possibly walking out of the room, to their classroom. I do not have class in their classroom. I still hate the Principal because of that.

In the beginning of the year, I begged for it. I tried yelling, bribing, and at last black-mailing the authorities, but they would not back down. I was forced to give up when they threatened to spill the beans to my heartless father. If he is even my dad. The way he acts convinces me otherwise.

My father is a selfish man, he refuses to acknowledge my presence. I bear so much hatred for him because of that. He says that I embarrass him. I embarrass him! How dare he! My mother is worse, I have never seen her before. Ever. She, too, refuses to claim me as her daughter. I may as well be an orphan.

Perfect. It is almost impossible to achieve. Catherine Crombell says nothing is impossible, maybe it is because she herself has achieved the impossible. I want to be like her, so poised and angelic. With my looks and observation, I can be like her too. I promise.

Just you wait and see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, spooky girl, Ree. Don't you think? Everything is going to be all the more insane soon. Just you wait and see. ;) Show your support by voting. Or even commenting. You know the drill. :) I would love you to bits if you like it enough to do both.

P.S. : Tell me if there's any typos. Please and thank you! :)