Meeting

The Wizard's Entry

______________

Snape was a prat! Five essays for Friday!

'Harry, it's so simple. If you'd just studied,' Hermione said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I decided to take a break. I closed 'Advanced Potions Making', the one that didn't belong to the Prince, that copy was still somewhere in the Room of Requirement. It was only out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone new, someone different enter through the portrait hole.

'Whoa,' said Ron gasping at her. Hermione turned to see what we were looking at.

'I wonder who she is, probably not a student here, Ron,' she turned almost as red as the colour of Ron's hair.

Why had she come here then if she wasn't a student? But I had no time to figure it out, she approached me smiling subtly and looking weirdly out of place among the other Gryffindors. She was blonde, with a curved nose and green eyes not unlike my own.

'Harry Potter.' I noticed she pointed it out with the usual tone of disbelief but also with an American accent. I guessed she wasn't from around here and she wasn't a witch either.

'Yeah, that's me. Who sent you?'

'Bumbledore, is it?'

'Dumbledore actually,' corrected Hermione who then headed for the girls dormitories still as red as radishes.

'Didn't he say anything to you?' the girl asked, her voice light and casual.

'No, he didn't. What exactly are you here for?' It didn't sound very nice, but I was slightly annoyed at Dumbledore for not telling me about this. He really was getting old.

She then explained that she was here to protect me and that she was some sort of Vampire Slayer. Well there's something you don't hear about every day, unless your me, oh- and she was called Buffy. Dumbledore had sent her to tell me about battle. I felt mistrusted somehow, hadn't he known what I'd been through?

'I'm sure Bumbledo- er- Dumbledore will explain it to you better, I not one for the whole recap thingy. Anyway, I'm kinda beat, you wizards sleep on beds right?' I found myself taking a few seconds to work out what she'd said.

'Oh! Yeah, probably the girls dormitories for you. Just through that door.'

'I hope so. Right, I gotta book. Tomorrow you can show some place to send a letter.'

I nodded, again giving myself a moment to take everything in.

'So, what do you think?' piped up Ron who had been incredibly silent, 'I wouldn't miss a day out with her.'

I smiled and nodded, 'I think I'll be going to bed now. Night.'

I headed for the dormitory, confused about what had happened. As Buffy had said, Dumbledore would probably explain it all to me soon. It would make better sense in the morning. There was something about her though, Buffy. A warmth. It reminded a little of Dumbledore. I didn't know how long she would be staying but I planned to get to know her more. It would all begin when I showed her to the Owlery tomorrow morning.