Back To Normal

The Wizard's Entry

______________

It had been a n hour and Buffy wasn't back yet. I was beginning to really panic. I looked round. Buffy's friends Xander and Willow sat upon a table talking quietly, Dumbledore sat calmly at his desk, humming a merry tune and Faith, the evil Slayer was still bound and slowly trying to make her way out. Occasionally, she would make a remark about how 'geeky' my 'specks' were or how old Dumbledore was but I couldn't really care less. It was Buffy I was worried about/

'Professor, what if somethings happened to her?'

'Harry, I believe that she is okay and usually I am correct.' This calmed me a little but I still felt like I was about to vomit with worry. At that moment the door opened and in strode Buffy followed by the two people I wished to see least, Malfoy and Snape. Xander and Willow rushes forward to hug Buffy but I let out a long sigh of relief.

'Ah, Severus, Draco, I see you've met our Slayer. I knew you'd be okay Buffy, young Harry here was worried sick.'

'I probably wouldn't have been okay if Draco hadn't saved me.' I felt even worse. Partly from the fact that she had used his first name. 'What?' I blurted out. Malfoy looked terrified and even whiter than usual. 'I was surrounded,' Buffy said, 'by..the Death People, it would have been hard, maybe impossible to escape, Draco caused a distraction, and we both transported back here.'

'That was most admirable of you, Draco. Severus, please escort Draco to the Slytherin common room.' They both exited. I decided to forget about Malfoy and pulled Buffy into a hug.

'Can you please tell me what you're planning on doing with me?'  Faith piped up from the side of the room. Buffy stepped forwards. 

'It is up to you Buffy,' said Dumbledore, 'but if I may make a suggestion.'

'Go ahead,' Buffy inclined.

'Thank-you,' said Dumbledore, bowing slightly, 'Faith, I am unaware of how many chances you have been given but I am prepared to offer you one last chance. I believe there is good in you and I believe you can let it out.'

'Put a sock in it, pops! I've had the guilt trip.' 

'I don't think you're in much of a position to give commands,' said Dumbledore politely, 'you may have had them before, but not from me. I admit to myself that I am slightly more...persuasive than others. I so old, you see. If you take this chance, you will be far happier than lying in the shadows day by day doing bidding's for Lord Voldemort. Come to our side, enjoy real happiness, friendship but above all, love. You are a powerful girl, using your power for evil makes you almost just as bad as a man who has torn his soul apart so many times that it has left him completely. Be loved, Faith and pity those who live without love.'

Faith let out a long sigh.

*

It was back to normal from then on. Except that Willow had started Hogwarts.She had been placed in Gryffindor and tt turned out that she was incredibly smart, perhaps even a match for Hermione. This didn't make her happy. Whenever Willow joined the conversation, Hermione turned shy and quiet. As for Faith, she had stayed at Hogwarts for the time-being. She was sleeping in a bed next to Buffy, Dumbledore had thought it best. It would give both Slayers a chance to get back on track with each other but also if Faith decided to turn back to her favourite hobby in the middle of the night, Buffy was there to protect the whole of Gryffindor. The boys of Gryffindor took a liking to Buffy and Faith. There had been numerous times where they would make an attempt to start talking to either one of them. Buffy would talk a little but would ease her way out of the conversation whilst Faith would stick up her middle finger at them, giving them a death threat. 

'She's not quite back to nice Faith..if there ever was one,' Buffy said one night in the common room. Buffy, Ron, Willow and I sat by the fire. Willow was practising or rather, doing very well at levitating her school books. It so happened that her wand was made of Willow. Ron had taken a liking to Willow but was put off when Buffy told him she wasn't into men. He had turned red and radishes.

We were talking about the night Buffy had been surrounded by Death Eaters.

'So then Bellatrix is like "let's just talk about this girl to girl" and I run up the wall then smack her into the wall.' Ron chuckled along with me. 'But I was a little disappointed' continued Buffy, 'I would have liked to meet Voldemort, just to see how good he actually is.'

'No match for Buffy,' Willow said.

'From what I've heard, Will,' Buffy said, 'he probably is. I don't know about you though. You're a pretty awesome Wicka.' Willow shrugged her shoulders. I laughed at their American talk, it was so hard to keep up with. After hours of discussion we all felt weary and went up to bed. I talked with Ron for a little and enjoyed watching the Marauder's Map before falling into a dreamless and peaceful sleep.