Journey To The Owlery

The Wizard's Entry

_______________

Buffy had more of an appetite than it appeared. She probably needed more food being the Slayer and everything.

'Right, we ready to book?' she asked.

After the moment I took to decipher her speech I said, 'Yeah, we can go now if you want.'

She raised an eyebrow, apparently also confused. We both arose from the bench.

'Ron, why don't you go and find Hermione, see if she's alright?'

Ron agreed reluctantly and Buffy and I left the castle and set off up the path to the Owlery.

'I'm sorry if I said anything to Hermeeown, is it?,' said Buffy as caught a glimpse of Hagrid's hut, 'I didn't mean to hurt her feelings or anything.'

'Oh no!' I replied almost instantly, 'I mean her and Ron are kind of together.'

'Oh,' replied Buffy. 'Oh!' she added, her voice raised, apparently now understanding what I meant.

'Well, I don't... I mean, your friend Ron.'

'Er, what?' I said, sounding stupid.

'Sorry, me being American an' all. I know how you feel. I really do. I'm used to your...way of speaking...I have a British friend.'

'Really?'

'Yeah, he was my Watcher. My teacher kind of.'

'But he....passed away?'

'Oh no! I mean he isn't my Watcher any more.'

I laughed, and so did she.

'It sounds stupid, but he's kinda like a father to me.'

'That's not stupid at all!' I felt like she must know this.

'Bad father?'

I suddenly felt different. I was so used to everybody knowing everything about me without even meeting me. But she didn't know a thing. She made me feel....normal.

'Both my parents, they well... Voldemort killed them.'

'I'm so sorry. My mum also....Anyway, Voldemort, is this the big bad guy I got told about?' It was weird hearing anybody besides Dumbledore say his name.

'The worst bad guy,' I assured her.

'Well, I dunno,' she said with a hint of a familiar matter-of-fact tone, 'I've faced more than a few fan boys that call themselves Lestat.'

'Sorry. That's one of those things I really don't get.' I laughed again.

'Sorry. I mean some of the demons I've faced. They've been...invincible. But I found my ways.' She smiled with pride. I admired her for this.

'Well, Voldemort, I'm sure is a big competitor.' I tried to sound as though I didn't think Voldemort could be beaten.

'Ever tried putting a sword through Voldemort?'

This was quite funny. She didn't know a thing about him. I laughed again.

'What?' she asked playfully. I shook my head still laughing. She had a lot to learn.