Too Much Too Soon

I woke early it was 6:00am, no nightmare though but I suppose last night was enough of a nightmare.

I hope he doesn't think he is forgiven because I slept in his bed!

Hugh was still asleep, I felt sad looking at him, I don't understand how he can use women for sex then just want a relationship with me it doesn't make sense! I knew he was a player I just never thought I would fall for him in the way I have, maybe it's too much too soon!!

I went to the kitchen and made a coffee, I decided to sit in the garden as I like the peacefulness of early mornings, birds singing, insects chirping it was pure bliss.

What am I going to do? I thought shaking my head, last night totally freaked me out, why didn't I confront them I should of told her to get off my man, but I didn't like a coward I ran.

I need to be strong for me, if I want this to work but I need to slow this down I feel like we have fast forward our relationship, spending a full weekend together before we even know each other was always going to end bad, well for to fucked up people it would!

I decided to go for a run, so I went and put my sweats and trainers on. I left a note in his study, I also noticed an iPod on his desk so I borrowed it.

I opened the door and turned on the iPod, Joe Satriani started playing through the head phones, it wasn't something I would usually listen to but I did like the guitar.

I was so tired when I got back and soaking I realised he had ok taste in music too, I hadn't heard some of it but it was good music to run to, I felt as if I had burned a lot of stress away I should do this more often.

I arrived back and felt quite hungry, I decided on having a shower first, I was avoiding seeing him because I knew we needed to talk and I was still angry with him!

I put his iPod on the bed then headed to the bathroom, I decided to have a bath so I could soak, I lay back and closed my eyes, what am I going to do I thought to myself, do I just walk away at the first hurdle or do I try again?

Who is this Lexi and what did she say to him? I just can't get this out of my head!

The door opened........

"Did you have a good run?, you've been gone ages."

"Yeh I suppose it helped to put things into perspective."

"Like us, that's what you mean, your giving up on us aren't you, what can I do Alex I said sorry!"

"You can shut up and listen for a change, if you don't mind"

"Ok" he sat across from me on the edge of the bath.

"I don't want to break it off, I just think we need to slow it down, you know we hardly know each other, yet I've stayed here all weekend, a lot has happened more than some couples go through in years, if we just spent a few nights apart maybe, I don't know what do you think?"

"I would rather spend every minute with you Alex, I feel different when I'm with you, no one has ever made me this happy"

"It won't work, too much, too soon! if we rush into this it will end on disaster!"

"Alex I feel like you just want to run away from me!"

"I just don't want the hassle, you have to remember Hugh I'm going through enough without your exes or any other shit coming between us!"

"Alex I didn't know she would be there!"

"You still stood and spoke to her, you still let her touch you!"

"Ok I'm sorry"

"So you agree to slow us down?"

"I agree."

Once I was ready we went downstairs to eat breakfast, we sat in the dinning area he read a paper and I ate my bacon.

Hugh quickly shut the paper and looked at me guilty.

"What is it?"

"Nothing it's fine, don't worry Alex!"

"About what Hugh?"

"Alex please I'll sort it."

I snatched the paper away and flicked through it, there it was centre fold, Hugh and Lexi, talking just the way I left them underneath the picture it said love rekindled, ha what a fucking joke!!

I closed the paper and took a drink of my coffee if I see that woman I will make sure she knows Hugh is mine and only mine!

"Look Hugh don't say anything, this way they won't look twice at me!"

"But I don't want media thinking she is my girl!"

"At the end of the day we know the truth!"

"Alex please I don't like this."

"Well you should think before you let women stroke you!"

"Alex you know I'm sorry!"

"Hugh god I don't want you to actually go out with her!"

"Ok baby as long as your ok!"

I wasn't ok, but the way I was thinking was if it was me in the picture then anyone who reads the news would see too and then he will know where I am and that was bad, I hope I can hide as long as possible!