12. Kuroko Tetsuya - Happiness

A/N: Behold~ Eru's futile attempt at an unfamiliar area (for me) and at making Kuroko in-character~ whydidieventhinkofwritingthisdamthing Well, I spent weeks writing this so might as well post it. XD It's the first time I wrote in this genre so... *shrugs* Be gentle with me if you have any negative reactions.

This could be a sequel for AWEsoMEtheMagician's Kuroko x Reader one shot. (It's in the external link.) Or not. XD Anyway. Just check out her stories. Waha.

You might want to listen to sad songs while reading this thing (I have no confidence. Huhu.)

Suggestions:
~Say Something by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera
~Just Be Friends (piano ver.)
~When the First Love Ends

I added ShounenT's (my love~) version of JBF in the media section.

(And for le Filipino readers: #WalangForever #Hugot101 XD)

_________________________________

For every happy moment, an opposite one would eventually come and even it out.

You were aware of this fact, but you didn't expect the opposite would come tenfold.

"I'm really sorry, Tetsuya," you croaked out the words that weren't even enough to convey how you felt, gigantic tears threatening to spill from your eyes. You bit your bottom lip and tried to steady your breathing in an effort to not to let out even the smallest of sobs. No, you told yourself, I musn't cry in front of him. You know he hated seeing that pitiful crying face of yours. Even in the end, you wanted to help him fulfill his promise to never let you cry while you're still together.

You knew he could read you with not much effort, and he would always immediately come to your side every moment he sensed something was wrong with you. Usually, one hug from him was all it took for things to get better. But now, it didn't come. A part of you was grateful for that, but a larger part yearned for his warmth. Though it was senseless to expect his embrace now, you still did.

Your sight getting blurry, you averted your gaze away from his unreadable expression to the shiny polished wooden floor of the basketball court instead. You tried to think of all those happy thoughts and memories to help. The memories that came first to your mind were those of him, and those of the two of you. These, however, gave you the opposite effect. You felt like screaming helplessly in absolute regret and remorse -- those were the times you hoped the two of you would stay like that forever.

You remembered the time when you confessed to him at the same time of the day and in the same place. Your words of expressing your feelings echoed all over the empty gym and you were too embarrassed to look at his gentle face. You started liking him from the time you took notice of his faint and mysterious presence during one of his games. Ever since then, you were always on the lookout for your phantom-like schoolmate. The more you saw and observed him, the deeper your feelings fell into what seemed like Wonderland's rabbit hole, with no assurance if he was there to catch them or if they would hit the ground and shatter into pieces. You were expecting an honest but polite rejection since you were sure he didn't know you; but then he took you by surprise, saying that he felt the same. He said that it made him extremely happy when someone cheered for specifically him during one of the games they lost, and when he discovered it was you, it sparked his interest and admiration for you. That joyous moment started everything.

It felt like a privilege to be with him, and you were more than happy when you discovered the other sides of him. You loved all of them – his childish pout when he’s jealous, his small grin when he’s pleased, his troubled frown when he’s confused, his calm angelic expression when he’s asleep, his usual smile when he’s with you, and many more of his adorable faces.