{♥ Day 2: Kise Ryouta - Agrypnia}

A/N: I never really thought typing "Kise Ryouta bed" in Google Images would produce decent non-yaoi results other than the official-looking bed sheet of him. Share. XD

_____

Agrypnia
(n.) persistent loss of sleep; insomnia; sleeplessness.

~♥~

His phone’s obnoxious ringing pulled him out of the realm of his dreams, where he was about to put the golden ring around one of your middle fingers after saying his sincere wedding vow. The blond shut his eyes tighter, wanting the phone call to be done with once and for all, as his right hand searched for the damned communication device. Just who makes a phone call in the middle of the night? He was way too tired to even guess. After a couple of failed tries, he got hold of it, flipped it open, pressed the assigned button to answer it, and brought it to his ears.

“Hello?” he asked sleepily, his cheek pressed to his soft feather pillow and his grip on reality starting to loosen and let him fall into the chasm of slumber once again.

He could only hear quick breathing for a couple of seconds and was about to end the supposed communication until the person on the other line finally spoke up. “R-Ryouta?”

It didn’t even take him a second to recognize the person behind that unsettlingly whispery and shaky voice. He immediately opened his eyes, alarmed, and sat up, trying to listen more into the other line. It was silent except for your tensed breathing. Were you in danger? Kidnapped? His mind raced through different scenarios that could make your usually calm voice turn like that, and panic surged all over his body. He didn’t know what to do if anything happens to his beloved. “_____cchi?! Are you alright?!” he demanded loudly, his mind caring less of the current time and speaking out of pure concern.

“Shush, Ryouta!” you scolded in the loudest way a whisper could be uttered. “I’m just…” Your voice trailed off for a moment, making him even more worried, “I just couldn’t sleep…” your explanation went softer, but he’d never be deaf when it comes to you. “I’m sorry if I woke you up—“

“It’s not a problem, _____cchi! It will never be a problem as long as it’s you,” he assured you, his tensed shoulders relaxing as relief cut the chains that bounded his body to extreme worry and restlessness. He actually liked the idea that you thought of calling him for that small problem of yours; it made him feel even more special than you claimed him to be. “Why couldn’t you sleep?” he asked gently, hoping his words didn’t come off rude.

“I—I don’t know,” you replied silently, seemingly ashamed of how your words held so much unreliable vagueness. He listened intently, which you took as a cue to continue. “I’ve been trying for hours and hours and I still can’t sleep until I’ve grown really frustrated about it and I—“ you whimpered, to which he called out your name in question of your being, “I-I have a major exam tomorrow—or later—which costs half of my grade and I can’t afford to be unfocused and sleep-deprived…”

He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and held back a yawn. He knew how restless you could get when it comes to things concerning your future. “What can I do to help?” he inquired, his soft voice still conveying what he held in his heart. It didn’t matter anymore if he lost a few hours of sleep now as long as he knew that you would be all right.

You went quiet for a second or two until you answered guiltily, “I… I’m sorry but I’m not sure—My first thought was to talk to you.”

Your words made blood rush to his face, so he had to take his pillow and bury his now tomato-red face in it even if no one could actually see him. “Uwaaah~ It’s like I’m your husband when you put it that way…,” he said meekly, his voice slightly muffled by the pillow. He was grinning from ear to ear and he was sure that you could hear it; it was as if his dream was continued by your call.

“D-Don’t say things like that all of a sudden!”

He laughed, imagining your strawberry face. Oh how he’d love to tackle you into a hug and cuddle on his bed right now; you’d be so cute. You could use his sturdy arm as a pillow and he’d watch over you until you fell asleep, soothingly playing with your hair in the process (he knew you loved it when he does that even if you wouldn’t admit it). If he could, he’d actually run straight to your house and do just that. “Close your eyes, my _____cchi,” he suggested shortly after his quiet guffaw.

“Huh?”

“I thought of something.” He lay back down on his bed, staring up at the blank, lightless ceiling of his room with a radiant smile on his face.

“Okay.”

He gave you enough time to settle into your desired sleeping position as he heard the almost inaudible rustling of cloth.  There and then, he started to gently hum one of those mellow songs he heard you sing under your breath once in a while, and you were quiet the whole time. Maybe you were enjoying it. Maybe it’s actually lulling you into your well-needed sleep. Maybe you were finally relieved of your dilemma. He closed his eyes, an image of you snuggled right next to him as he hummed a lullaby appearing on his mind as he pleased.

“_____cchi?” he asked for you in a mumbling way after two songs. No answer. He listened closely and he was satisfied to hear your steady breathing with a slight snore caught by the phone’s built-in microphone once in a while.

His lips curled up contentedly before, though it may seem absurd, he pressed his lips against the screen and whispered, “Good night, _____cchi. I love you.”