9. Kazunari Takao - Night Concert

A/N: Hi... readers... *waves awkwardly*

Okay! DontkillmeforbeingsolazypleaseImbeggingyouIdidmybesttofinishthis! XD

So I'll be posting non-MiraGen one-shots for a while... I'm not sure how many though.XD

And I'm sorry for the OOC Takao in this part. I think I lost grasp of his character halfway. *bows* Also for the ending. I had no idea how to end this properly. XD

Um... yeah... enjoy... I guess? XD

_______________________________________

For you, Kazunari Takao was just a guy who has been your classmate since your elementary to middle school days and your schoolmate in high school. You're not actually close with him nor you were in bad terms with him; in fact, the two of you simply regarded each other as 'the-person-who's-always-been-the-same-school-as-me'. When encountering each other in Shuutoku's hallways, he'd greet you with a friendly smile and a nod and you'd do the same in response. That was all there was to it.

 Little did you know, things were to take a 180-degree turn.

It all started when you were walking home from the convenience store when your mom asked you to buy some stuff you're missing for dinner. It was already dark, the clear sky filled with stars with the bright silver full moon serving as their queen. You were admiring the night sky when you heard some energetic singing in a distance. At first, you thought it was just a drunk guy going home. But when you tried to listen a little bit more, the voice was undeniably familiar to your ears.

As you walked by the park on your way home, the singing grew louder. The night singer was somewhere inside the park. Out of curiosity, you went inside, following the voice with the help of your sharp ears. You soon arrived and witnessed the singer's little performance around one of the park's wooden benches. He finished his performance with one hand raised into the air, his foot on top of the bench, and one energetic long note. You were right. It was your elementary to high school school mate.

You immediately clapped. Not only was it hilarious, but it was also cute and amazing in its own way. You stopped when he looked at you, his eyes wide with surprise. His cheeks turned red in a matter of seconds. The guffaw you had been suppressing found its way out of your body, so you covered your mouth with your hand then bowed apologetically. You ran away from the park and to your house, still making an effort not to laugh. Incredibly adorable, you thought.

The next day, you were on your way to the canteen with your friends to buy food for your lunch when you spotted him walking with his supposed green-haired best friend who was currently holding a girly pink fan which pretty much didn't suit his stoic image. Takao was as easy-going as ever, and laughed at his friend's lucky item for the day (You were watching Oha-Asa in the morning just for the fun of it).

His eyes met yours. You smiled at him then made that oh-so-familiar nod the two of you had always been doing. This time, though, he only stared at you for a second then averted his eyes away from you and took his phone, his face slightly flushing. You gape at him in surprise and confusion. This wasn't the Takao you knew.

The scene from last evening played in your head. You grinned. It was humorous! Maybe that was what it was all about? You haven't told a soul about it so he didn't have anything to worry about.

Your phone played its programmed message alert tone, pulling you out of your trance. You took your phone.

"Eh~? Who's that? Your boyfriend?" asked Mizune, your friend, who was beside you, trying to take at peek at your phone. You giggled a little, stuck out your tongue, and hid it away from her prying eyes, stuffing the cellphone back to your pocket. Just to be safe. Your siblings sometimes send you really embarrassing stuff no one's supposed to see.