What Are Your Motives?

This isn't edited so please don't even comment any mistakes, I'll go through it at a later time and fix it up. Also, sorry I haven't updated in so long. With school, work, and still trying to have a social life, finding time to write is really difficult. This is also dedicated to @larrystylinson437 !

I don't even feel bad about adding characters from the TV show Shameless, which (reminder), is where Ian's character comes from. There will be a picture on the side in case you've forgotten what Ian looks like. Enjoy guys.

What Are Your Motives?

To say that Harry was nervous would be an understatement. He was actually terrified. Today was the day that his family would meet his boyfriend, Ian. The two teenagers had been together for a few months and Harry was getting real tired of his father's constant nagging to invite Ian over. Usually Harry wouldn't be freaking out this much. Louis was an absolute sweetheart to everyone and sure, Liam was a little intimidating but not enough to scare away Ian. Zayn on the other hand, was horrifying.

Shortly after Ian and Harry started dating, Louis had accidentally let it slip to Zayn. Of course Zayn demanded that he meet this "Ian bloke" and talk some sense into him. Louis tried to calm Zayn down but nothing really worked. Zayn then called up Harry and practically interrogated him until Harry broke, crying into the phone and telling Zayn to calm down. No one would be good enough for Zayn's baby brother.

Eventually Zayn had become a little more civil and agreed that when he met Ian, he wouldn't act completely barbaric. That brought them to now, the family sitting in the living room anxiously as they waited for Ian to show up. Louis was in the kitchen making some tea while Liam and Zayn sat and talked about Travis. Niall was playing some violent video game on the TV while Lily colored at the coffee table. Harry sat next to Zayn, twisting his sweaty hands together as he bounced his knee quickly.

"Hey, H." Harry snapped his head up to look at Zayn who was smirking slightly.

"Y-yeah?" Harry wondered, glancing nervously at clock on the wall.

"Isn't Ian supposed to be here soon?" Zayn asked. Harry started chewing on his nails and he nodded.

"Mhmm." Harry hummed absent mindedly. Harry could hear Liam and Zayn laughing quietly but he didn't pay them much mind. He really just wanted to see Ian. They hadn't seen each other since Friday which was two days ago and, hello, that was like a lifetime for the couple. Even though they hadn't been dating long, just a little under two months, Harry and Ian were inseparable.

Ian was Harry's first real relationship. Sure, he had "dated" people when he was younger, but that was never the real thing. Louis had told Harry about all the boyfriends and girlfriends he had growing up, and Harry thought it was quite funny. Looking back on that, Harry never really thought he would be interested in guys. It turned out that he really, really liked guys.

"Harry!" Liam yelled, making Harry jump. Harry instantly blushed and looked at his Papa sheepishly.

"Sorry, Pops. What did you say?" Harry wondered. Liam lifted his eyebrow curiously.

"How old did you say that Ian was again?" Liam spoke and Harry bit his lip. Harry had tried to keep Ian's age from Liam because he just knew that Liam wasn't going to be too happy about it. Even though Liam was much younger than Louis, there was always going to be those double standards.

"Erm, he's, uhm, seventeen?" Harry said quietly. Liam instantly gritted his teeth together.

"Are you asking me or telling me?" Liam muttered. Harry frowned slightly.

"Telling you." Harry whispered, breaking eye contact with his father. Liam sighed loudly before standing up.

"I'll be right back." He said before leaving the room to go in the kitchen. Harry let his face fall into his hands and he let out a shaky breath. Liam was not happy.