Make Sure They're Decent

this would've been up sooner but apparently i started writing in a different way than i usually do about halfway through so i had to go back and rewrite parts. im mad.

thank you to @KenniaGarcia for the prompt! I loved it! also, just to let eveyone know, Zayn is 21 in this, making Harry 10, Niall 6, and Lily 3.

Make Sure They’re Decent

It was well past midnight when they walk through the door, hands clasped tight together while their free hands carry their luggage. The house is quite dark beside the light above the sink in the kitchen and the soft glow of the TV from the living room. Zayn and Travis were visiting for the weekend but weren’t expected until late, hence the stillness of the house. Zayn poked his head into the living room to see Louis fast asleep on the couch. He smiled fondly before nudging his boyfriend.

“Take the bags upstairs, baby? I’ll wake Dad up and tell him we made it.” Zayn whispered. Travis nodded and pecked Zayn’s lips before taking their bags up the stairs. Zayn then walked into the living room and over to the couch, sitting down on the edge of it.

“Dad.” Zayn said, shaking his father’s arm gently. Louis’ eye flew open and he sat up, almost hitting Zayn in the process.

“Hey, calm down, it’s just me. Travis and I just got here.” Zayn explained, placing a calming hand on Louis’ shoulder. Louis let out a breath as he rubbed his eyes.

“Must’ve passed out while I was waiting for you. Sorry ‘bout that.” Louis apologized.

“I thought I told you not to wait up for me.” Zayn replied, elbowing Louis slightly. Louis just laughed and leaned his head on Zayn’s shoulder.

“I know, I’ve just missed you.” Louis said quietly. Zayn wrapped his arm around Louis’ shoulder and hugged him tightly.

“I’ve been in school for three years now, surely you’ve stopped missing me.” Zayn joked, though his tone was nothing but affectionate. Louis’ shook his head against Zayn’s shoulder.

“Never stop missing my babies when they’re away. Especially since the kids are driving me nuts, with them being so loud and crazy. I swear to God, Lily has more energy than Harry and Niall put together, and you know how hyper Niall is. Sometimes I just need to talk to someone mature to keep me sane.” Louis muttered.

“What about your husband? You know, my other father? He’s pretty mature I think.” Zayn laughed and Louis rolled his eyes.

“He just blames me for their wild behavior, says that I’m too bad of an influence and should act more like an adult. We’ve kinda been fighting a lot lately.” Louis whispered sadly. Zayn’s hand instantly goes to Louis’ hair to comfort him.

“Are you guys okay?” Zayn asked softly. When Louis’ buries his face into Zayn’s shoulder and lets out a shaky breath, Zayn takes that as a serious no.

“He’s just so stressed out, all the time, and then he takes it out on me. I know he doesn’t mean it but it still hurts. Sometimes he’s such an asshole. Maybe he’ll be better now that you’re home.” Louis shrugged. Zayn kissed his father’s head and pulled back to smile at him.

“I’ll talk to him tomorrow, but we should all go to bed. I bet Travis is wondering what’s taking so long.” Louis nodded and hugged Zayn a final time before saying goodnight and heading upstairs. Zayn eventually goes up as well, making sure all the doors were locked. When he gets to his room he finds Travis in bed, clad in just a pair of briefs as he reads a book. When he hears the door open, Travis looked up and gave Zayn a crooked smile. Zayn managed to return a forced smile that Travis caught on to immediately. He set down his book and gave his full attention to Zayn.