Chapter Sixteen

Homecoming!!!!!!

Chapter Sixteen

“Oh dear spin around, I want to get a full view of the dress.” Alice’s mother says looking at her through the mirror. It was evening on Earth and it was the afternoon in Eden. “Oh you look so beautiful in that dress.”

It was Homecoming night and Alice was in a red dress. It was a sweetheart neckline, a layered skirt, and she is wearing gold strappy heels. Tonight she wears her hair wavy and a gold head band in it, and her hair covers the tips of her butterfly birth mark.

Alice brushes back her hair and blushes a little. “Thank you,” She mumbles, glad to hear the approval since she is in her human disguise.

Queen Celestial looks her up and down. “It is a wonder how that boy is able to keep his hands off of you.”

Alice rolls her eyes and grins, “I know Scott is human, that does not make him an animal.”

“I was not talking about the boy you are going to the dance with,” Her mother says with her own grin. “I talked to Will a few hours ago, he seemed really upset, almost like he did not want to go to the dance with that girl.”

Alice sighs and sits in front of the mirror. Thinking about this week, and how it was even worse than last week. Every time they saw each other it was exactly as if they did not even know what to say to each other. She felt a wall was growing between them, and neither one knew how to take it down without hurting the other.

 “Mother, all we do is fight, and I am so tired of it.”

 “Your father and I fight all the time.” Her mother states as if it was something that she accepted early in life and was proud of it. “I was is guardian after all, and trust me it was not easy.” She chuckles. In her eyes Alice could tell she was thinking of the memories with her father.

 “No you do not.” Alice says in confusion, her eyebrows stitching together. Not once could she remember her parents having an argument. A small disagreement yes, but nothing like what her and Will have had in the last few weeks.

“Are you calling your mother a liar, and yes we do,” She says. “We just live in a big castle that you are never around to hear us fight.” She shrugs. “And it is good to fight, and getting things out. Why would you want to be with someone that you could agree on everything with?” Celestial brushes her hair back and smiles. “Besides making up is the best part.”

“Mother, he is going to the dance with another girl.”

“Mostly to watch out for you,” Celestial says. She cocks her head. “You really think he is going to forget a girl he has known since he was twelve and protected her from an ambush and from a king that wants her, all for another girl he met two weeks ago.” Frown lines appear on her mother’s forehead. “Sweetie trust me, it is you he loves.”

Alice turns away from her mother, and looks out the window. The moon was shining full tonight. So many things have changed since the last full moon. One thing she remembers most was the night she and Will danced together in the yard. She smiles at the memory of his arms wrapped around her, and how he would pull her into his arms and make her feel safe and home. She misses that feeling he gave her that night.