Chapter 2

After two hours of sleep, Sasuna was awakened by the bedroom door opening. Quickly, she sat up. It was Maebara. He sat on the bed and stared right through her; like she wasn't even there.

Sasuna tried to make light of the setting. "I ironed your shirt. Since it was still hot, I ironed the rest of them for you." He stared at her, but said nothing. She hung her head. Slowly, he got up and walked to the closet. He slid it open and saw all his shirts hung up in an organized pattern. "I see. You didn't burn them either."

He then came back to lay down. Sasuna grabbed a book from the night stand and began reading. She knew better than to disturb him during his rest. A few minutes later, he casually grabbed her arm. "Yes", she asked. "Come here. I don't feel like sleeping alone." She leaned closer, then he pulled her to him. Then, he held her. He wrapped his arms over hers, almost like he was trying to restrain her. Slowly, she was dragged closer and closer. All she did was lay there quietly.

After half an hour of sleep, he finally loosened his grip. Sasuna crawled out of bed and left the room. She peered into Maebara's office. It was a bit messy. Taking it upon herself, she started cleaning.

The office had 3 bookshelves. They were tall and had good width as well. The room had a small fireplace at the back of the room. To the right of it was a window that you could sit in. The desk was made of stained wood. There, Maebara wrote all of his award winning works. Papers were sprawled out across the top. Pens were out of their cases. Labeled folders weren't in their place. It was clear that it was a rough writing day. After clean up, Sasuna sat in the chair. There was a lot on her list but there was one important thing she forgot about: dinner.