Taking a break

Liam’s POV

We had been out at the shopping centre for a while now. Louis and Harry had decided that it would be better to do then the pool at home with the others and invited me to come along. I don’t think they wanted Danielle to come as well but I had invited her anyway. 

Danielle had been acting really weird ever since she had gone back to her room to get her wallet. She had come back with a very angry looking face and no wallet. 

I had asked her if everything was okay but she wouldn’t answer me. Louis and Harry had shared a very worried look with each other and I had become seriously suspicious. 

It had been about an hour or two and the fans were now realizing that we were here. I had been giving my undivided attention to Danielle but it was hard with her mood. Though now that the fans were here I had an excuse to get away from her mood. 

‘LIAM! HARRY! LOUIS! SIGN THIS! CAN I GET A PICTURE! OH MY GOD YOU ARE HERE!’ The fans screamed at us. I smiled and started signing whatever was thrown at me. 

Danielle tugged on my shirt. ‘Liam? I don’t want to be here. Can we leave?’ She asked in a whiny voice. Usually I would say yes but the whole time we had been out today she had been blowing every one of my attempts off so I figured she could live if I just signed a few more fans pictures and other merchandise. 

‘Just a few more Dani, and then we can go’ I said looking at her while I said it before turning back around to the fans. 

‘Seriously? They are more important than me?’ She asked in a mildly angry voice. 

‘No, Dani! I have only signed a few. Can you just wait a few minutes and then we can go’ I said turning again to look at her. 

‘I was going to tell you something really important that I thought you would want to know but obviously you don’t care.’ She said finally before turning and walking away. I chased after her and grabbed her. I turned her around to look at me.

‘Dani! I care a lot! Come on we can leave!’ I said defending myself. I can’t believe she would think that. She has never blown up like this about something as small as this. I mean she knew how important the fans were to our work. I didn’t understand why she was now getting mad at me. 

‘No Liam! I am going back to the house, getting my stuff and leaving. I need a break from all this drama. Don’t you get it?’ She snapped at me.

‘No, Dani. I don’t get it. Why are you leaving me now? After all that we have been through’ I begged of her. 

‘I get hate from your fans every single day and I try to look past it but when you choose them over me do you not understand how hard that is? They are so mean and then you go and I just thought that you were better than that. So many of them love you. I just need a break Liam. I am not quitting dancing, I am taking a break from you. I’ll still see you every day. It’s just so hard okay? I just need a break.Katie likes you and I see the way you look at her. Mesmerized. You like her more.’ She said and tears welled up in her eyes. Katie? She liked me? Apparently I liked her? I didn’t want her to leave me though. 

‘I was just doing what I normally do though Danielle. Can’t we figure this out together?’ I asked and tears welled up in my own eyes. She broke out of my grasp and ran away. I chased after her again. I’d lost track of Louis and Harry. I didn’t care where they were. My girlfriend was ‘taking a break’ from me. 

By the time I had gotten outside following the way Danielle she was already half way down the street. Lucky I was fast from all those years of track and cross country. I caught up to her and managed to catch her hand. 

‘At least let me drive you. If I can’t change your mind. I still want you to be safe.’ I pleaded with her. She looked away from me but agreed. 

The whole time I was in the car with her I tried to get her to help me understand more but she didn’t want to talk anymore. 

When we finally got to the mansion she must have been getting really annoyed at my constant questions because she snapped. 

‘LIAM JUST SHUT UP! I DON’T CARE IF YOU WERE ONLY TAKING CARE OF THE FANS! YOU DIDN’T GIVE ME A SECOND THOUGHT! I THOUGHT I WOULD BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THEM BUT OBVIOUSLY I’M NOT!’ She yelled at me and I cringed as she slammed her door in my face

‘Danielle! Please I didn’t mean it! You are WAY more important than them!’ I cried through the door and banged on it to try and get her to open it. 

‘OBVIOUSLY NOT LIAM! JUST GO AWAY. GO BE WITH YOUR FANS. THEY OBVIOUSLY LOVE YOU MORE THAN I DO, KATIE IS FREE WHENEVER YOU WANT HER!’ Danielle screamed back and I stood there frozen. I didn’t know what to do any longer.