Part 15 Complete

"She isn't ready- She's just a child."

"She was born ready. She is my daughter- A Hellsing- Soon to be the last. And that already makes her better than you and those plush asses on the throne."

"You can't speak about the Queen that way!"

"I CAN DO AS I SEE FIT! I'm the reason this island hasn't sunk to the bottom of the ocean!"

One of the last memories Integra had of her father before her life changed. Before her father left on a mission he wouldn't return from. Before he showed her who was in their basement. Rather, what. Integra had been sneaking through the same airshafts as she often had as a child to listen in on her father's secret meetings with mysterious guests. Curious of what the grownups talked about she'd roam very path she crawled now and would sit behind the intricate vent cover and listen in. Integra had always thought she was rather good at sneaking as she'd never gotten caught... until that day that is. The memory causing Integra's brows to furrow as she remembered her father calling for her just on the other side of the vent. She still wondered how he'd known.

Had he always known? She'd be quite as a mouse. He never allowed her to formally sit in on the meetings. But had he known she was there listening along?

The many memories of her father flushed her mind as she worked on the brass vent cover that leads to the old study. When it finally gave way, Integra crawled through before standing into a stretch before relaxing a straight yet sore stance. She needed a chance to think and she wouldn't get that anywhere near...him. Shaking her head at the thought, Integra opened the top right drawer of the mahogany desk to find one of her many stored pair of glasses.

Moonlight was giving way to sun, letting Integra know she'd slept all night with Alucard. With any luck, she could wait him out in here and he'd be asleep by the time the sun's rays would reach the Manor. Watching the rolling landscape of her property, she hadn't noticed she wasn't alone.

Jumping with an 'Ahhh!', Integra was meet with the large blue eyes and breasts of a confused Seras.

"Oye, Sorry Ma'am. Didn't mean to ahh, scare you. I didn't even know you could be scared, actually... oye... But again. Sorry. I was just doing some reading and was about to go to bed when I saw you come from out of the wall. So I thought I'd see if you were alright. You seem... if you don't mind me saying Ma'am, a little off. Is something the matter? Is there anything you need?" the young and beautiful new vampire spoke as if to a child.

Integra's breath was ragged, her hand over her heart, trying to catch it before it jumped free of her body. Taking a few moments to take a deep breath before lifting her eyebrow at the other blond. "No... No... I'm fine. I'm fine"

"Uh.. Okay. You sure Miss-"

"I said I was fine!" Integra snapping at the younger woman. Taking pause Integra watched as the sun rays crept along the grass and knew she was misdirected in her frustration.

"I'm Sorry Seras. I- I am just out of my depths right now. I... Alucard... We..." Integra, unable to form her thoughts.

"Mated. Oh yes, I know" Seras, a matter of facts. Integra's mouth dropped.

"What the hell do you mean you know? How could you know? It just bloody happened!" Integra's voice steadily rising again.

"W-well... as you know, Master and I are linked. And so I could feel when it happened. I'm not sure how to describe it. Maybe a shift in his soul... if he had one that is..." Seras, watching her Mistress closely, making sure she wouldn't faint before continuing. "It transformed. Complete. I knew then."

Integra stared at Seras a few moments longer, letting her words soak below her skin. Seras's words held so much meaning Integra couldn't make sense of it all. What she did know, was the feeling of butterflies flutter in her tummy at the thought of completing Alucard, and moreover of him possibly having a soul. However dark and well hidden it was. Integra suddenly felt embarrassed and wanted now more than ever to be alone with her thoughts and morning tea. She was sure she could ring Walter and a muffin with butter and a handpicked Early Grey tea with one limp and lots of cream would be waiting at the corner of her desk.

Taking in a deep breath to compose herself she thanked Seras before dismissing her and wishing her a sound rest. Seras curtsied slightly before taking her leave through the imposing 8 paneled doors as the first rays of sun crept into the room. Walking over to her favorite well-worn oxford lounge chair, Integra pulled smooth yellow cord that she knew attached to the bell in the kitchen and waited for her breakfast. Unconsciously she rubbed the two permanent marks on the side of her neck as she took her first cigar puff of the morning accompanying the sun as it rose.

Hello All.

I know-Short update. But I am super busy these days and trying to embark on some other projects. Please make sure to continue to show your support by commenting and voting. I see every single one and they each bring me so much joy to know you enjoy and trust my vision for this story. I'll update when I can. Let me know what you think.

Until Next Time

Faith XX