Part 19 Masquerade

As a bandaid for 2020. Stay Healthy. Stay Alive. Vote. Love you.
faith <3

The bone chill of the Halloween night was electrifying

The bone chill of the Halloween night was electrifying. The all too familiar anxious thrill,
Was Integra ... excited?
She knew they were on a mission - of course...
And it required her pique mental focus... as always!
Still, Integra had never actually been to a party...
Of any kind...
Not even her own...
Integra didn't count when the servants brought birthday cake on a random day of the year instead of lemon squares.  Integra snorted at the fleeting feeling that her childhood questionable and looked to the chateau. Made within the dreams of a fairytale, the sprawling Majestic mansion was the most impressive estate she'd seen after her own grounds and Buckingham Palace, of course.      

Alucard was already outside her door. A shimmering black apparition solidified outside her car, and the driver was gone. Alucard was a mystery Integra long stopped trying to solve... publically. Legs extended, standing tall, Integra took his white-gloved hand to approached the bustling chateau. Integra took it, pushing herself toward adventure. A small crowd was gathering between the columns that lead through large wooden and studded door. By the time she felt warmth coming from inside, the couple preceding them briskly walked inside just as Alucard and Integra approached the door and its keeper. 

A young man was in a black suit, with smooth dark skin, bright emerald eyes, and a striking silver crescent moon painted over the center of his face. Upon closer look, the doorman appeared to be of African descent. A shimmering gold waxing crescent moon marked his face, offsetting his stunning eyes.
 "Good evening," the young man's voice was smooth and sounded like a deep chime. 

The boy's jeweled toned eyes flashed before he stepped aside without asking for their invitation, before taking three strides inside a nearly identical child headed off their path. The exception was this was a girl; her eyes were golden, matching the crescent moon painted on her face. 
"Warmest regards, Lady Integra, Vampire King Alucard," she said with a deep bow. "I was alerted by my brother Zeke of your arrival. I am Zala. I will be your servers and chaperone in the Majestic Manor." Her braided black hair dipped with her curtsey. Turning without looking back, Zala was off. Alucard and Integra followed behind the girl and into the house of their #1 suspect behind all the supernatural and unholy occurrences all over Europe for within the last 7 years. There was no going back now. Her eyes had to be sharp. 

Following behind the girl down the corridor, Integra was struck by how young she thought the girl and twin brother had to be. Integra hadn't missed the boy's eyes flash. Regardless of age, Integra knew better than to overlook instincts. Nor could she let herself be intimidated. Integra was a mere human constantly around the supernatural. Not remarkable herself. The first and only time Integra suggested Alucard turn her into a vampire, she didn't see him for nearly a week after he discharged his gun and shouted archaic obscenities. Integra knew she'd struck a chord. Still, Integra was only human. As was Walter... but he was extraordinary...