Chapter 10

Harrys P.O.V

We arrived at Snape's classroom. We took our normal seats with Annabeth now sitting next to Percy. Snape appeared from the door to his office and strode down the steps leading to the classroom, his black robes billowing behind him like robes of a Dementor. He stopped at the front of the class.

"Today we will continue our work in nonverbal duels. It is astounding how incompetent you are at them so perhaps a demonstration is needed." Snape drawled.

"Miss Chase." He said.

"Yes, Professor?" Annabeth asked.

"You and Jackson are to give us an example of a nonverbal duel." He commanded.

They stood up and walked to the front of the class while pulling out their wands.

They took their stances facing eachother and after a few seconds they both smiled brightly. A fine stream of water shot out of Percy's wand and headed towards Annabeths face who calmly flicked her wand and deflected it nearly missing a Ravenclaw boy.

"Enough parlor tricks Mr. Jackson." Snape commanded.

Percy nodded and easily blocked a spell that came rocketing out of Annabeths wand. In answer he fired a spell of his own at her.

It was like a game, them just firing spells one after the other.It was harder to recognize the spells without them speaking but I was able to guess a few. After a while they decided to amp it up and moved spots, they dodged, ducked, and rolled. It was like watching 2 long time dance partners dance to a deadly beat not dared by others. It was kind of beautiful. Despite the constant movement the spells were always aimed at the other, none went wide and they were always blocked.

After five minutes it was clear they were evenly matched. Snape commanded them to stop, they froze, both of them standing on empty desks across the room from each other still wearing those crazy grins. Annabeth gracefully jumped down while Percy gracefully front flipped off his. They fist bumped each other and walked back to the front of the class.

Snape eyed them. Despite their show of athletics and power they weren't even breathing heavy.

"I'm impressed. 20 points to Ms. Chase and 15 points to Mr. Jackson, I took some off because you flipped of my one of my desks." Snape snarled

Percy and Annabeth walked back to their desks which had a footprint on it when Annabeth decided to leap from desk to desk.

The rest of the class was as normal as it could be with those two in it. We practiced noverball dueling and failed, well except for Hermione and the others, but I wasn't complaining, this was a step up from last years DADA.

Snape dismissed us with a single nod and Percy again carried Hermione's books and Annabeth to our next class.

Percy's P.O.V

We were on our way to Transfiguration. I was waking next to Annabeth and we were behind the others so we could keep an eye on Harry. As we were walking I noticed other girls glaring at Annabeth.

"What's wrong?" She asked noticing my annoyance.

"Those girls! They always make fun of me, they keep laughing and staring at me and now they're glaring at you."

She bit down at her lip to keep from laughing. She smiled and said. " Percy, remember we talked about this at Goode. They think you are cute so they giggle at you and stare at you and they're jealous of me because I'm your girlfriend and they want to be your girlfriend." She sad this slowly to make sure I understood.

"Ooh, and so that's why the boys keep staring at you. But why aren't they glaring at me?" I asked.

"They're to scared of you to glare at you seaweed brain."

"But the girls should be scared of you."

"They will be, eventually."

"Well the boys will have to get their own girlfriends."

We arrived at Transfiguration just as Mcgonagall was taking out the attendance sheet. We quickly hurried to find seats.

I ignored the girls that were making room for me at their tables and tried not to glare at the guys who were eyeing Annabeth. We walked to the back and chose two tables next to each other.

"Today we will be doing bird-conjuring charms. This is not easy and I don't expect you to get it today. All you do is say "Avis" and birds will appear out of your wand." Professor Mcgonagall said. She gestured for us to begin and started walking around the class.

I shared a look with Annabeth and we tried to hold back our laughter. Avis is Latin for bird. All we were doing is just saying the word bird.

I held out my wand and in a clear voice said, "Avis." Birds came shooting out of my wand. It wasn't nasty, just weird. They were tiny little things that looked like colorless hummingbirds. I turned to see that Annabeth had birds of her own zipping around her head. And behind her Ron, Harry, and Hermione had their jaws dropped to the floor.

Professor Mcgonagall approached us with an approving look on her face. "Very well done. 20 points to Gryffindor each!"

The class turned around and when they saw the little birds flying around us their eyes widened in shock. They turned to each other.

"Faster than Hermione." One whispered.

"Look at their wands."

"Did you hear about what happened in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Snape even likes them."

I turned to Annabeth and we shared a look. Blending in was going to be a lot harder than we thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys liked the chapter. Another one will be coming out soon. Feel free to give me any suggestions.

Questions:

To Hermione: Percabeth_4ever_ asked, how does it feel knowing most of the world considers you and Ron Harrys sidekicks?

Hermione: I don't like it and I know Ron doesn't like it. At he end of the day, despite Harrys secret prideful problem, it doesn't matter because he acknowledges we are more than his sidekicks and he couldn't have even gotten past fluffy without us

Ron: I agree with 'mione. I'm his best mate not his sidekick. Originally I wanted to be more because I already felt overshadowed by my brothers but when I got that prefect badge I realized that I set the standards for myself, not anybody else.

Harry: I do not have a "secret prideful problem"!

To Harry and Hermione: Demigod_Nephilim asked: did you guys ever have a thing for each other?

Harry: Merlin's beard no! I have always thought of Hermione as a sister. She and Ron were my first actual friends, they're like family to me.

Hermione: I have to agree with Harry on that one. I could never imagine myself with him.