Chapter 7

Percy's P.O.V

I was lost in thought. I would usually get of track and my mind would always wonder to the same thing, Annabeth. gods of olympus, I missed her.

"Look, I was only copping off Percy. I'm sorry mate." Harry was saying. At the sound of my name I was brought back to the conversation.

"Hmm? Oh, no prob bro. I'd copy me too." I said nonchalantly. I knew he was lying that he copied off me. He had never looked up from his book. I think there was something in that book, it was old so someone had probably written notes in it.

We arrived at Hagrids hut. I would probably do good in this class. As a demigod I had seen almost every type of magical creature. We waited for everybody to arrive.

Hagrid cleared his throat and said, "Alrigh' class, this unit will be abou' horses. Now not the muggle kind but the magic kind. Like unicorns, thestrals and anything tha' is part horse."

I perked up. This unit was going to be awesome! I would have to tell the horses to be cool around me though.

"Today we're doin Pegasi. Now Percy come up here. Your, er, headmaster sent over a surprise." He continued. I smiled and walked up to the front. A bunch of girls started giggling, I don't know what their problem is. It happens every time they see me.

Hagrids whistled and a group of Pegasi came trotting out of the forest, among them was none other than blackjack.

"Blackjack!" I exclaimed. I walked over to him and started petting him.

'Hey boss. Chiron sent me over to tell you that Annabeth is coming next week.' Blackjack told me.

'Thanks, and tell the other horses to act natural around me. I don't want to blow my cover.' I replied mentally. The other horses had already trotted over to me, saying things like 'my lord, it is an honor' and they kept bowing. Blackjack gave them the message and they apologized and backed off.

I turned to Hagrid, maybe if I acted like nothing happened they would forget it.

"Thought you would like tha'. Today we will be ridin' them. Percy, how 'bout you and, er, blackjack give a demonstration." Hagrid said.

I whistled and blackjack came trotting over. I seated myself on that familiar spot on his back and took off.

'Can we show off to them boss?' Blackjack asked.

"Let's show them what we can do." I replied.

We then cranked up the speed and did rolls, loopdyloops, we even dive bombed them. We we landed and they burst into applause, even the Slytherins.

"Alrigh', now no ones expectin you to do tha' but I want ya to pick a Pegasus and ride it. No going up more than 10 feet in the air and grip with your knees." Hagrid said.

Everybody ran to a Pegasus, there were enough for two people to a Pegasus. I scanned the crowd and saw Hermione standing off to the side. I had blackjack trot over to her.

"Hey what's wrong?" I asked her.

"Well I'm scared to ride one. Ever since the hippogriff incident..." She said. I had no clue what she was talking about but I guessed it wasn't pleasant.

"Here, you can ride with me." I said. I smiled at her and held out my hand to help her up. First she seemed at bit flustered, I guess she was worried that I would do what I did for the demonstration. She finally took my hand and I easily hauled her up behind me. Her arms rapped around by waist, I wished that they could be Annabeths arms.