Chapter 6

Percy's P.O.V

After Defense Against the Dark Arts we walked down to the great hall for Lunch. When we walked in everyone that was already there turned and looked at me. I could feel their stares as we walked to our seats. When we sat down I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Do I have something on my face or what?" I asked them.

"Umm, no. Why?" Ron replied.

"They keep staring at me and the girls keep laughing at me." I said. They looked at me like it was crazy.

Harry laughed and said, "Oh, you're joking."

I stared at him in confusion. "Are you really that blind mate?" Ron asked.

I dropped the matter because I wasn't getting any clear answers and changed the subject. "Hermione I understand the need to protest the house elves situation but you might want to start eating before you pass out."

She surrendered and took a chicken leg. "But I won't enjoy it." She retaliated.

I smiled and took a few slices of Greek style pizza. I almost laughed, not only was professor Dumbledore having them make American food but he was having them make food fit for an American, Greek demigod.

After lunch Hermione and I walked to potions together while Harry and Ron headed to the common room. Hermione had convinced them to use their free period to do the essay for Snape. We didn't have to do it as she and I were the only ones who accomplished the nonverbal spell. Right when we were outside the door she mumbled something about using the bathroom and I told her I would save her a seat.

I walked in and sat down, placing my bag in the seat next to me. I sat there looking around the room when I a mocking voice say, "So you're the new pretty boy?"

I turned around to see a pair skinny boy with blonde hair almost as page as him. It took only one look to figure out that he was the school bully.

"Awww, you think I'm pretty?" I asked.

His face grew angry. "You better watch it Jackson. I have powerful friends that you don't want to mess with."

"Do they think I'm pretty too?" I asked.

His eyes flashed with angry but he quickly calmed down and smoothed back his hair in an attempt to regain his composure.

"Listen Jackson. You're new, I'm not. You obviously need someone I show you how things work here and I'm happy to do that. I can teach you important things. Things like that's it's a bad idea hanging out with Potter and the gang."

"The only reason I would ever hang out with you is to meet your friends who think I'm pretty but that's never gonna happen because I don't think I want to meet anymore people like you." I turned back to face my table as he stormed away.

I went about my business as if nothing ever happened. I heard an astonished voice behind me.

"What were you doing talking to Malfoy?"

Hermione's P.O.V

When we got to the classroom I said I had to go to the bathroom. I was happy when Percy said he'd save me a seat.

I hurried to relieve myself not wanting to be late. I grabbed my books and made my way back to class. When I got there I saw the Percy and Malfoy talking. I watched as Malfoy stormed away from his table then walked up behind Percy.

"What were you doing talking to Malfoy?" I asked. He turned around and rolled his eyes.

"Oh you know, just guy stuff. Insults, threats, the usual." I replied.