Chapter 2

Percy's P.O.V

I looked around at my new surroundings. I was in an old, dingy tavern. The only people there were two old men wearing cloaks murmuring in the corner and a bald guy cleaning glasses at the bar. In front if me, looking a little out of place, was Hecate.

"Hello lady Hecate. Did I keep you waiting long?" I asked

She smiled and replied, "No you didn't Perseus. I believe Chiron gave you a brief summary of what's going on?"

"Yes he did, but he said he didn't have time to explain everything."

"Don't worry. In this folder I have all the details for you quest. And reading it should be easy, it's in Greek." She said, handing me a skinny blue folder.

"Here is the supplies list for school, also in Greek." She said, handing me a white, folded sheet of paper.

"Thank you lady Hecate." I replied.

"Now Tom the bartender will show you your room, he is a son of Bacchus. You can put your things in your room then buy your stuff. After that read the folder I gave you."

"What about money?" I asked.

"Oh yes." She said. She then waved her hand in the air and a bag filled to the brim with coins appeared. "This should be more than enough. The large gold ones are Galleons, the silver ones are Sickles, and the bronze ones are Knuts."

I looked at the man behind the at and walked up to him. "Excuse me, are you Tom?" I asked him.

"I certainly am. I must say it's an honor meeting you Mr. Jackson." He said.

"It's nice to meet you Tom. Call me Percy." I replied.

"Follow me to your room, Percy." He answered.

I followed him up a flight of stairs and down a long hallway. He stopped at a door at the end and opened it. In the room there was a mirror, a four poster bed, a dresser to store clothes and a door that I assumed led off to the bathroom.

"Put your stuff in here and then follow me. I'll show you how to get to Diagon Alley. Here's your room key." Tom said.

I took the key and put it in my pocket. Then I grabbed the supplies list and the bag of money and followed Tom down to the bar and out the back door. He pulled out a stick which I guessed was is his wand and them tapped a brick above the trash can three times. The wall started to move then a small hole appeared. It got bigger and bigger until the wall was now an archway into Diagon Alley.

"I best be off now, if you need anything give me a call." With that Tom walked back into the bar leaving me staring at Diagon Alley.

Annabeth would love this place. The architecture was unlike anything in America. The shops seemed to defy gravity. Some looked like they were upside down while others curved in weird ways and when you looked in the windows the shops looked bigger on the inside.

I stepped through the archway to have it turn back into a wall behind me. I tore his eyes away from the Alley and looked at my list.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL

of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDY

Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black)

One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear

One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags at all times.

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 6) by Miranda Goshawk