Chapter 6

It's Christmas Day at the Ooarai school ship and everyone on the main deck are working to clear the snow on its roads. They have joy in doing it but at Ooarai Girls Academy, the sensha-do teams have a different way to spend the day.

"All teams, line up!" the new Student Council President, Hana, said to them and they followed. However, they began to become curious as Anzu asked her.
"What are we going to do today, President?"
"As a preparation for our first match in the Winter Continuous Track Cup, we shall have a practice match... on land!"
At first, they seem to be excited but their curiousity once again revived. But, they heard an alarm from the loudspeakers outside the Tower.
"Land spotted, arriving in 15 minutes." The captain on the bridge spoke and the sensha-do team went to the bow to see it.

Initially, they can't see it because of the morning fog. Eventually, it slowly clears and the port was spotted. It was colored with a distinctive color: red. Once they recognized it, they knew what it meant.
"Is that..." Miho asked.
"Pravda." the President said, "We're doing it on their grounds and against them."

Awaiting them on the docks was Katyusha, who sat on Nonna's shoulders. When, the carrier stops, the tanks of Ooarai were carried to the ground by the dock's largest cranes while the sensha-do club teams went down to the port. The Pravda school ship was parked beside their school ship.

"I'm glad that you accepted my invitation." Katyusha said to Hana and they shake hands.
"I'm glad that we're having a practice match here."
But, she saw Miho behind her and said.
"Hey, Pirozhki!" Then, she went down from Nonna's shoulders to approach her. They shook hands too. "How's your sensha-do?"
"We're doing the way it is, Katyusha."
"Yeah, like the Russian Steamroller that pushed through Eastern Europe quickly to Berlin!"
"Just like that."
They laugh until she saw her older sister.
"Nonna." She called her and she put her on her shoulders to approach Maho. She spoke to her.
"I thought you're going somewhere, Maho Nishizumi."
"I transferred here to Ooarai, Katyusha."
"Oh, I see. Well, what had brought you there? If it was for sensha-do, I will not be surprised."
"I would not only come here for that."
Nonna, who can read a person's mind, saw through her mind the real reason and lightly smirked.
"Hey, Nonna!" Katyusha spoke to her, "What with your smile?"
"Sorry." She replied.
"Anyways," she changed the subject, "we need to our practice grounds and in doing so, we can have a little tour as we go."
The Ooarai Team became excited and Katyusha and Nonna rode a GAZ-67 to lead the way. The teams rode into their respective tanks and followed them. Anglerfish Team goes first.

They passed the Red Avenue, a large straight road made of red bricks, and other Russian-inspired buildings and monuments. The teams were amazed by the architecture. As they passed through them, they were greeted by Pravda students.

When they reached the practice area, they look at it with mixed feelings. It is a hilly and swampy area. The snow are slowly melting despite that it is a cloudy morning.
"So," Katyusha asked Hana, who is beside her, "what do you think?"
"I think it's perfect." She replied, "It is the perfect vase to plant the rotten flowers to bloom."
Suddenly, Katyusha felt a minor headache.
"Seriously," she said, "your poetic words gave me a chill in my head. You should just simplify it."
"I'm so sorry, Katyusha. I'm just saying..."
"But, I'll take it as a Yes."
"Oh. Thank you, then."

Eventually, the opposing teams are in position on either side of the area. Katyusha is the referee while Nonna joined the practice. The former uses radio to give both teams an update. She too was on top of the KV-2 overlooking the area.
"Okay teams," she spoke, "this is an annihilation match. The first side to destroy all enemy tanks wins! Each side has five tanks so, good luck. Now, let's begin the countdown! 3, 2, 1, go!"
Immediately, the tanks move forward towards each other. There is a small hill between them that they must take. It has a strategic importance on both sides. Eventually, in a matter of minutes, they engaged and a battle occurred.

EDITED: 21. März, 2021

GIRLS und PANZER: Maho Arcजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें