Chapter 1

It was then the day she chose to quit Kuromorimine, some days ago. Maho was showed up in front of the school's student council president, whose face was not shown in the light. Her Vice-Captain, Erika Itsumi was beside her.
"Am I hearing this right, Maho?" The president asked her, "You are leaving this school?"
"Yes, Madam." She replied seriously and the president stand up on her place, eye-reading on the letter she gave to her before interrogations.
"I see. Is it because of your sister, Miho Nishizumi?"

For a moment, she became silent and Erika becomes skeptical. Then, the latter spoke up to her.
"Madam, I think that she needs time to think about it."
"She doesn't need that, does she? But, if she really need it, then go. Leave both of you. I'll inform your mother about this."
They left the office. When the door is closed, she thought to herself.
"I thought about that too."

On the way out of the school building, Erika asked her.
"What were you thinking?! You are just going to abandon us? For your sister?" Then, she stopped her at the main door, "The Sensha-do team needs a great captain. You are what we needed, Maho Nishizumi."
She pat Erika's shoulders and said to her.
"They have the skills and virtues to excel in this sport. They just need to believe in themselves and in you too, Erika Itsumi."
Then, she gave her a small box and walk towards the light outside and fades.

She woke up again on the sofa she slept on.
"I had a dream again." She said to herself as she sits down on it.
"Breakfast!" Miho said and came out from the kitchen with their food: a pancake in a shape of an iron cross with maple syrup poured on it.
"Wow. That looks delicious."
"Here." She said as she laid it on the center table with utensils for both of them. "Wait for me, sister. I'll get my plate."
"Yeah."
When her sister enters the kitchen to get it, Maho stares at the food. She remembered their experiences at Kuromorimine several years ago. The pain they felt became one of the reasons why they were entered at Sensha-do for the school and family's honor. She felt alone when the school reported that her little sister was transferred to Ooarai but she felt relieved after her defeat in the 63rd Sensha-do Tournament. By that time, she said to herself.
"I was defeated by my own mistakes. My sister proved it right in front of me."

"Sister!" Miho snapped her out, "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. What is it?"
"Let's eat!"
They ate the food with joy. They remembered such times when they were kids. But, Sensha-do had separated them from each other, and it will put them together again.

"Madam," Kuromorimine's VP said to the Student Council President in her office, "What should we do now? With Maho gone, the next sensha-do tournament will be a downhill slope on this school."
"Then, we shall replace her." She replied.
"With whom?"
"With the Co-Captain of course!"
"But, Madam, she was'nt as skilled as Maho. Her experience as the team captain will not be as great as hers."
The President suddenly stand up as if she's serious and said to her.
"But without anyone else like her, then we'll fear that it will come. Besides, there's no other student here that matches the experience of Maho than Erika. We had a song for her and we shall sing like angels for she shall be great. Tell her to come here to talk."
"Yes, Madam." Then, the VP left the room. She was still hesitated by her decision but chose to remain loyal to her.

When the door is shut, she walked towards the huge window that overlooks the entire school and said.
"With the last Nishizumi out of this ship, Erika will become my last disciple in our sensha-do. I can use this opportunity to get rid of Nishizumi style. I, Adelaine Higarin, the Grand Principal of Kuromorimine Girls Academy, will create a new style of Sensha-do for this school to be great again! No Nishizumi-style! My style!"
She stared at the school with great confidence in her belief.

EDITED: 24. März, 2021