Chapter 3

On the television, every school advertises their school to increase the population of their school and its ships. Kuromorimine, in particular, show the might of their sensha-do team to impress the both the students and the audience alike. Grand Principal Adelaine considered it as a propaganda and a moral boost to students and the people on board the Graf Zeppelin, their school ship. But today, she made a new star on their TV news program, "Die Kuromorimine Wochenschau": Erika.

Before going to the set this morning of the 2nd week, the Grand Principal, approached her and said.
"It suits your image, Erika." She now wears her new commander's uniform. "You are a great commander of the team now."
"Thank you, Madam Principal."
"The medal," she noticed the medal stuck on Erika's uniform, "Did Maho gave it to you?"
"Yes, Madam."
"A remembrance from your friend. It suits you too. Good luck. The team is waiting for you on the Feldherrnhalle Plain."

The Ferdherrnhalle Plain, near the school tank grounds and named after a famous heavy tank unit, was a place were the school government considered it to be propaganda-sacred. It is also where most of the parades and propaganda films took place. On this day, the Sensha-do team were lined up when she arrived on her heavy Tiger II tank numbered 002. The filmmakers planned for this short film[1]. She will observe them as her tank slowly moved sideways in front of them. The medium tanks, composed of Panthers, will be at the front. The other heavy tanks, mostly of Tigers I and II and including the super-heavy Maus, will be equally behind the medium tanks. The tank destroyers, including the heaviest ones, will be at the rear. The camera angles will show different viewpoints for the viewers to give them impression. She will then, lead the way with the rest of the team followed her without breaking the "brick wall" formation. The song "Erika" will then played in the background as they move on a plain. The camera again will show different viewpoints for the viewers to give impression. When they are going towards the camera, the screen fades to signal the end of the video.

On the evening, Maho and Miho were having dinner in the living room with the TV on. They are watching the news now but the latter went to the comfort room, leaving the former alone.
The news intro[2] is starting. When the bell rings, a female announcer appeared and spoke,
"Ausstrahlung von der großen flugzeugträger Graf Zeppelin, das ist Die Kuromorimine Wochenschau." Afterwards, she smiles as the title card[3] appears, the music approaches its climactic part, and the scene transistions. Afterwards, she spoke again, "Ausstrahlung im Studio, Marie von Hürt."
"Guten abend, Damen und Herren. Herzlich willkommen im Die Kuromorimine Wochenschau." The broadcaster spoke, "The big news for tonight is Kuromorimine and they announced that they going to release a short propaganda film "Erika" on weekend. This film aims to promote once again the strength of the Senshado team and the video aims to regain morale for the next season of  Senshado." The program showed the trailer with the commentary from a reporter. As she watch it, she felt that her former school, and that of her former team too, will rise again and bring retribution to their defeat in the last tournament. The reporter's interview with the Grand Principal was shown shortly afterwards.

After watching the video, she thought about it for a while. But by then, her sister came out from the comfort room and noticed her.
"What is it that you are worried?" She asked and Maho snapped out.
"Nothing at all, sister." She replied, "What time is it anyway?"
"Um, let me see." She looked at the clock and replied, "7:30."
"Well, see you on the next day!"
Miho went to her bed but Maho stayed for a while to consolidate.

The next day,
"Attention, Ooarai Sensha-do team," Momo Kawashima spoke through the speakers, "Important meeting at 8 A.M. Place, Ooarai Tank Grounds. I repeat, important meeting at 8 AM for the Sensha-do team at the tank grounds."
"7:30. We need to get there." Maho said and the sisters ate their breakfast, took a bath on their own, and got dressed up. The younger sister were dressed in her sensha-do uniform while the older sister in civilian clothes. When everything is clear, they left the room for school.

At the gate of the school, Sodoko stopped Maho and said to her.
"Maho Nishizumi, you don't wear the proper school uniform."
"But," she said, "I'm a transferee."
"Doesn't matter. I am Midoriko Sono, former President of the..."
"Sodoko," Isuzu Hana spoke through the speakers, "let Maho in."
"But, President, she..."
"I'll handle this. Just let her in."
She took a sigh and said as she opened the gate.
"Alright." But after she got through, she shouted, "But don't call me Sodoko, President!"

"President?" Miho asked as they walk.
"I don't know about that." Maho said.
"Hey!" Anzu said to them after she saw them passing the main entrance to the main building. "I'm glad you guys made it."
"We're fine, Pres... Anzu." The younger sister said.
"Hehe, I'm not the president anymore. I personally appointed Hana to replace me just an hour ago. Also, I told her about your sister's transfer to this school so there's nothing you should worry about. Come! The meeting's about to start."
The three went to the Office of the Student Council but Maho was stopped before entering the room because her phone's ringing. She picked it up and said as she walk away from the door.
"Yes, it's me,..."
At the same time, the sensha-do team is in a meeting in preparation for the prestigious Winter Cup.

Footnotes:
[1] Historical reference: The parade of the Tiger IIs of the requipped Schwere Panzer Abteilung 503 in September 1944.
[2] It is based on the current Tagesschau intro with the amalgamation of the DDW theme, the current Tagesschau theme, and a little bit of GTA Vice City intro. A "news" version of the GTA VC intro takes the intro and ending part, and the modern version of the DDW theme is on the climactic part. The bell before the climactic part is sounded as "teng!" not "pong!" like in the Tagesschau.
[3] The title card is like the DDW but instead of an eagle, the logo of the school is shown. The sun rays were, however, remained. It is transparent to the studio in the background and faded shortly before the announcer's introduction to the broadcaster in the studio. The font is Arial, in bold, colored black, with metallic silver as the color of the font border.

EDITED: 24. März, 2021