Leaving You

Draco's POV

I'm so sorry.

The words echoed in Draco's head as he stared at Harry who sat before him. The boy's usually bright green eyes were flat, empty, blank from any expression. He sat rigid, unmoving, his mouth set in a firm line. Harry sighed in what seemed like defeat. Slumping forward in the chair, eyes closed. It was a sad sight. Especially to Draco who had started to develop a slight friendship with this boy.

Ron hovered around them, looking slightly worried.

"Harry." Ron whispered breaking the silence that had engulfed them. Which Draco was glad for.

Harry's eyes snapped up and he looked at Ron with drooping eyes, which were barely able to stay open. He looked at Ron expectantly.

"I can stay here all night if you would like."

Harry looked at Ron, his face still blank without any expression.

"No, it's fine. I would rather be alone."

Ron nodded his head, he turned to Draco who still had his eyes on Harry. He was not leaving the boy, not while he was acting the way he was.

"Draco?"

Draco looked over at Ron who motioned for the door. Draco shook his head, not knowing what else to do. Ron nodded, understanding. He left without another word.

"I don't know why, but it hurts. So much."

Harry muttered after a couple moments of silence.

"You loved her, of course it hurts." Draco answered soothingly.

All Draco was thinking about was finding Ginny, hurting her like she hurt Harry. All the emotions he felt were rising up, smothering him. He did not know what exactly he was feeling, Except for nauseous

"I know it does, but I feel like I shouldn't. She never loved me, so why did love her. I thought love worked both ways. If it does not, then was it even love?" Harry questioned quietly.

"Of course it was. You can love someone who does not love you back. In your case, I believe she did truly love you. But, she was not in love with you, neither were you."

Harry looked up, confused.

"Isn't being in love and loving someone the same thing?"

Draco shook his head not knowing the exact way to explain this.

"Love is something you give family and friends. You love them. Being in love is totally different. It is needing someone, this raw feeling. Without the other person your life is not complete. Being in love is just... something else."

That does not exist. Draco added to himself.

"Even though you say that, it still does not hurt any less. Loosing someone you loved and were in love with has to be the same. The feelings are just utterly horrid."

Draco did not say anything just stood in front of Harry and looked at the boy.

He wanted to make Harry feel better, just did not know how to, and he could not think of asking.

"But, if being in love with someone hurts a lot more when they leave. I never want to be in love." He said. His eyes closing slightly.

"You can't just give up that easily, not everyone leaves."

Harry shrugged.

"Everyone will leave eventually, including friends. Ignoring them, is the best way to prevent myself from getting hurt."

Draco shook his head. He knew that Harry was just talking a bunch of crap because he had went through heartbreak. Yet, he knew he had to reassure the boy that not everyone was the same. That not everyone left.

Draco was one of the friends who would not leave Harry. He did not know why, but he could not ignore Harry. Their friendship had grown, he did not know when he had realized that there was any type of friendship at all, but he had to make it known.

"I'm not leaving you anytime soon. I don't why, but I can't stand the thought of being without you right now."

Draco said, looking at Harry who was on the verge of tears.

"I don't know if this is asking for much, but, can you please hold me. Just hold onto me." Harry's voice was broken, he let out a loud sob, and clutched onto Draco.

Draco looked down at the crying boy, and held on, as if his life depended on it.

I'm not leaving you, he thought.

And as for now, that was the truth.

Author Note: Please excuse any mistakes that may be present. And this short chapter, as well as the long wait. College has me totally filled up with work.