Her Loss

Draco Malfoy

"If you didn't come here to steal my soul, then why are you here?" Draco Malfoy asked.

He didn't know what in the world would bring Harry Potter to his house, they hadn't talked in months, and when they had talked it was always ended in an argument. The arguments were always about stupid things that could have been solved without an argument. They consisted of them both trying to decide who pushed the other. Or who gave the other a murderous look.

Draco's hands were clutched around his drink, he was sober now, his mind was clear but he wasn't so sure how long it would last if he kept drinking the way he was.

"Well, honestly I'm not sure." Harry mumbled, turning to his backpack and pulling out a large bottle of firewhisky and offering some to Draco.

He accepted and took a long swig from the drink. What had been the point of sobering up if they were just going to get as intoxicated as before?

"What will Ginny say if she hears you were here?"

Draco never really much liked Harry's girlfriend. Besides the fact that she was a Weasley, she had this energy that made someone just not trust her and she was boringly plain. Draco also believed that the only reason she was with Potter was for his fame, so she had some of his money as well. He did not dare mention that to Potter it was not because he cared about his feelings, he just did not believe it was worth mentioning. 

Harry winced at the question and chose not to answer.

"Can we talk about something else?"

It was odd, having a conversation with Potter.

Anyone besides him would have loved to have a long, deep conversation with the boy that stood before him. They would dream to be in the same room as the boy, breathe the same exact air he just exhaled, dreamed to touch him, just a little, but Draco wasn't like that. He despised this boy, even if he did accept him into his home it didn't mean he trusted him nor liked him. No, he just was curious, he wanted to know the reasons behind Harry's sudden appearance in his life.

"I don't want to talk." He muttered.

That was true, Draco wanted to do nothing more then to crawl into a corner and think about absolutely nothing at all. He wanted to lose himself into the darkness that was always present within him. Ever since their talk about death, he couldn't help think about Lucius, his father. It's silly really, that he had wished for his father's death just recently, and too have it happen was just so startling and frightening. He wasn't able to apologize for what he had said, which sucked, because their wasn't anything he would rather do then that and now his mother was out there probably going to marry a muggle lover without his permission. It just wasn't right, wasn't fair, and he just did not want to think about it.

Harry looked over at Draco with sympathy and nodded. Harry knew about his father's passing and probably assumed that the drinking stemmed from that. He wasn't wrong.

"Okay." 

Draco closed his eyes taking another gulp from his firewhisky, relishing the feel of the hot liquid burning his throat as it went down.

Another drink and another passed, in utter silence.

He would have expected it to be uncomfortable, but surprisingly it wasn't. It did not feel wrong, to be sitting there having a drink with the boy who lived, it felt far from wrong.

Minutes ticked by, turning into an hour, maybe more. They weren't paying attention to time. The silence was understood, they didn't need to say anything, they were both lost in inner thoughts, mental battles.

"What will Ginny say if she heard you were here?" Draco found himself asking for the second time that day.

It was a question he really wanted an answer to.

Harry shrugged not meeting his eyes.

"Honestly, I doubt she would care, she's way too busy with Hermione. We are not... together." 

Draco looked over at Harry, confusion visible on his face. He couldn't understand what Harry had meant by the statement.

"She's with Hermione." Harry muttered clearing everything out for him.

Draco's eyes widened and his mouth opened slightly in shock.

"Her and Granger?" He asked.

Harry nodded his head.

Hermione Granger, much like Ginny Weasley, was never someone he liked. She was bossy, snobby, and quite annoying frankly. It didn't suprise him that much that she ended up with a Weasley, though he always believed it would be with the other red-headed muggle lover. He found it odd, that a supposed best friend of Harry would do this to him. Weren't they all supposed to be as close as friends can get?

Draco looked over at Harry studying his features, the green eyes which were the exact shade he had always loved, the smooth skin, and his messy dark hair which always seemed to fall onto his eyes making him push it out of the way with the back of his hand. Then he studied Harry's lips, a pale pink that reminded him faintly of roses, they looked soft, and suddenly he found himself wondering whether they were as soft as they looked.

It was the firewhisky he concluded, if it wasn't for that he would not be having these outrageous thoughts. it was ridiculous. But yet, he couldn't think of anything but kissing those lips. 

"Her loss." He said, not realizing exactly what he had said.

Harry gave a small sad smile in reply and looked down at the ground, shoulders slumped, his hair sticking up messily giving Draco the sudden urge to press it down.

"You know, when you're not being a stupid git, you can be quite nice, actually." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

Draco rolled his eyes, and silence consumed them, once more.

Draco's eyes turned over to look at Harry, who's mouth was curved upwards, and was staring directly at him. A faint blush flushed his cheeks and his eyes flashed downwards. Draco smirked in response. 

He took another sip of his drink, his vision blurry from the amount of alcohol he had consumed recently. He really should have stopped seven drinks ago, but he couldn't help himself, he was starting to feel slightly nervous and the drinks helped with that. 

His eyes could not seem to move away from Harry's face, and without conscious decision, he was moving toward Harry.

He didn't know exactly what he was doing, he just knew that he wanted to be closer to Harry, close enough to feel how warm he was.

Harry's eyes flashed to his lips, and then upwards, he moved silently closer to Harry as well.

He hovered over Harry looking for any sign of hesitation on Harry's face, there was none, and before he could talk himself out of it he leaned forward more and then Draco Malfoy's lips met Harry Potter's.