chapter 2

Hijikata POV

I saw the girl pass out. She was gorgeous, no doubt about it. Even though she wear male clothes she still looks stunning, well, in my eyes. "Oh dear. Hijikata san. You were so scary you made the young one here pass out huh". Souji said and I looked at the girl. She was a beautiful girl I couldn't even stopped saying it. What could a girl like her be out here for. "Commander. What should we do for the body's". Saito asked and I looked at the body's. "Just remove there coats". I said. "What about this one". Souji asked and I looked at the girl. For her sake she needs to get off the streets. "Take the youngster with us". I said and Souji whined. I looked at her beautiful form. 'Who is she..I never seen her in this part of town'.

Chizuru POV

(Dream)

I was 5 at this time, running around my castle, trying to find daddy. I stopped in front of his office. I peeked my head in there, hearing him hum and staring at a picture. I grinned and held my book against my chest, hearing him sing.

"How does a moment last forever?"

"How can a story never die?"

"It is love we must hold onto"

"Never easy, but we try"

"Sometimes our happiness is captured"

"Somehow, our time and place stand still"

"Love lives on inside our hearts and always will".

He sang. It made me smile. I ran in the room. he looked up and smiled. "Sweet heart". He said. I giggled and hugged him. "That was beautiful daddy". I said. He chuckled. "I'm glad you liked it my princess". I kissed my cheek. I giggled. "I love you my princess". He said. I grinned up at him. "I love you more daddy". I said. he chuckled and hugged me.

(Reality)

I opened my eyes. I looked around and saw I was in a room. I looked down at my arms that was tied by this..this thing. I breathed. What was this. I tried untieing myself but someone came in. I looked up and saw a old man come in. "Well now. Your awake". he said. I stared at him. This human...could talk! and I understood him. The guy walked over to me. "I'm sorry. It's not right treating you this way". He said and started untieng the thing that was around my wrist. "I'll untie you. Just give me a minute". He said. I breathed. Where was I. What was this place. Why did everything look so...weird..it wasn't like any castle. "Jesus Souji. It hurts being bound so tightly, yes". he asked. I only laid there. Then he sat me up and took off the paper around my mouth. "You can take that out of your mouth". He said. I took out the paper that was in my mouth. I looked at him. "Um. Excuse me. Would you please tell me where I am. Just who are you". I asked him. "Oh. I'm sorry about that. I'm Genzaburou Inoue. This is the primary headquarters of the Shinsengumi". he said. I stared at him, confused. "What is..the Shinsengumi". I asked. He stared at me, shocked. "You don't know who we are child". He asked. I shook my head. He breathed. "um..will..will tell you soon. I like you to follow me please". He said. I breathed and followed the men. I breathed. Then he stopped at a door. He sighed and then Genzaburou opened the door and walked me inside. I breathed and looked down. "Good morning". I heard. I looked up. "Did you sleep well. Looks like it. You have the mattress on your face". He said. I stared at him, confused. The mattress wasn't on my face. "Stop it Souji. This is serious. There are no marks on your face". The other guy said. I only stood there. "How cruel hajime kun. You didn't have to say so". Souji said. I sighed. "You two. This is no time for foolish prattle". A man said. I looked up at him. He was handsome..but he did look mean. "Man. That thing if the witness". I heard. I looked and saw another guy. He looked like my age. I breathed. "He's all tiny and thin. Dude still just a kid right". The boy said. I rolled my eyes."Come. Close that door and have a seat with us". One of the guys said. I flinched at the door. "uh. alright". I said and closed the door. I sat down. "Well. Lets get down to it. First will you tell me again about last night events Saito kun". One of the guys said. I looked at the other guy. "Last night in town. Two failed warriors encounter some rouge samurai on the street. A sword fight had insude but we were able to settle things. This person witness the encounter we had". I gasped. "I didn't see anything at all". I said, trying not to get killed because I needed to find father. "Really". I heard. I looked to the side. "I didn't see". I protested. "Hm. If so then good". He said. I breathed, thankful that they believed. "What are you talking about. Souji said it seems like you were aiding those guys last night". He said. I shook my head. "Thats not true. I was fleeing the rouge samurai. Thats when the shinsengumi members appeared. So I was the one that was helped". I said. "So then you got a good look as the soldiers were killing those rouge samurai". A guy said. "I can tell you got a honest heart. You know thats not actually a bad thing". Another guy said. I breathed. "Come on. Get a blade. Thats the best way to make shier the runt doesn't talk. Right". He asked. I gasped. "You can't". I said. "Don't say such things. What do you mean by recklessly killing a civilian". A guy asked. I breathed, nervously. "Please. Don't make that face, Commander. I was just making a joke". He said. I put my hands on the ground. "Believe me. I won't bare a word of this to anyone. I promise that". I said. "Thats enough. Leave us now child". I heard. I looked at a man who was dressed all purple with purple eyes. He stood up and walked over to me, dragging me out. I screamed. "Please help me! I won't say anything"! I yelled. Then the guy threw me in a room. I gasped. Then the guy closed the door. I cried and looked down at my hand, my veins turning purple. I breathed and looked around. Father...where on earth are you..