𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

࿐ ࿔*:・ LA LA LAND   !
𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

࿐ ࿔*:・ LA LA LAND   !𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

"WE SHOULDN'T BE doing this..." Marie whispered breathlessly as her fingers raked down his back. He kissed her neck gently as he pulled away from her, slumping down onto her bed.

"Well we are," He mumbled, "so you might as well enjoy it." He blew away the blonde hairs from Marie's fringe that stuck to her forehead with sweat, making her giggle quietly.

She leaned forward, connecting their lips only for a second before he pulled away, now chuckling himself. "You're a pretty shit friend, aren't you Hickman?"

"Shut up, Wiley." Marie mumbled, shoving Sean's side as she slipped out of her bed. It was at times like these she was thankful her parents always worked late; times when she had boys in her bed.

Admittedly, she hadn't expected her Friday to play out as it had. Marie thought she would attend college for the day, go home and then watch Game of Thrones until her dad got home and she was shunned to her bedroom. Instead, she'd completed a total of one lesson at sixth form before Sean had added her on snapchat and asked her to meet him.

Marie tugged her dressing gown onto her very much naked body, turning back to face a smirking Sean as he stayed laid in her bed. "Admiring the view, are you?" She teased, slowly making her way back over to him and perching herself on the edge of the bed frame.

"As much as I'd love to watch you sit and be pretty all day, and believe me I would love to do that," Sean smirked, making Marie roll her eyes jokingly, "We have to take Maeve to find a dress for the school dance."

"We?" Spluttered Marie, all the thoughts of their previous argument flooding back.

"Yes, we." He answered, sauntering our of bed to put his boxers on, "And if you don't agree to do so, you'll have to explain to your parents why there's a twenty-something year old man in your bed because I don't have a car and I can't drive."

"I think it's impossible to hate someone as much as I hate you right now." Marie huffed, picking up Sean's jeans from the floor and throwing them straight at his chest.

They got dressed in silence, occasionally giggling to themselves when they caught the other one panicking when the couldn't find their clothes.

"Look, you won't tell Maeve about us, will you?" Sean asked, when they finally set off to meet his sister in town.

"What?" Marie stuttered. She clutched the car wheel tighter as she kept her eyes trained on the road. "We're going to see her now, she'll see us together."

As far as she was aware, Marie was very respected in the area. She had rich parents, popular friends and did reasonably well in school. She'd been dubbed the golden girl of Moordale when she had dated Jackson. There was nothing for Sean to be ashamed about.

"Just don't tell her we had sex." He sighed, seeing Marie's panic. "She'll try and stop us from seeing each other." Marie knew it was a lie, but she nodded and swallowed her pride, now determined to make up with Maeve when they met up in town.

"Drop me at the entrance." Sean mumbled as they pulled up to the department store, "I'll find Maeve while you park up."

Marie mumbled an agreement, shaking her head to herself again. She was a fool, she was well aware, but something about Sean made her accept that he was no good and there was nothing she could do about it.

Maybe this would make her forget all about Jackson for good.

By the time she had contemplated all 17 years of her life, Marie was already inside the store and idly browsing through the expensive ball gowns as she kept a look out for the Wiley's.

"Are you going to the dance, then?" A voice behind her asked, making her spin around and drop the bag she was clutching in her hand.

"Jesus, Eric." She gasped, holding onto her chest and bending down to pick up her bag. "Don't sneak up on me like that." Despite his plain outfit yesterday, Eric was now dressed in a bright orange trousers, making Marie smile to herself.

"Sorry." He laughed, helping her gather the things that had fallen from her bag. "That dress you were looking at is sickening." He added as they stood back up, raising the pitch of his voice.

Marie smiled at him. "Thanks." She mumbled. "Shame I've not got a reason to wear it." She ran her fingers over the navy satin once more, pulling the dress off the rail and hanging it against her body loosely.

"You can be my date to the dance," Eric stated as he spun Marie to face the mirror, "if you'd like to? I would have asked you at school but, you know... the whole suspension thing."

She tucked some hair behind her ears bashfully and grinned once more, "You're the best." Marie clung onto his shoulders tightly, taking Eric by surprise and nearly knocking him off his feet. It took a second for him to reciprocate the embrace an by the time he did, Marie had almost forgot why she was in the shop in the first place.

"Go try it on." Eric teased, separating himself and nudging Marie towards the changing room. She giggled once again and slipped into one of the cubicles. She easily changed into the dress, smiling as she tried her best to zip it up.

As Eric was just a few meters away, Marie pulled open the curtain to shout for him. To her surprise (and as she expected), Maeve stood staring back from her own changing room.

"Hi." Marie feigned shock as she approached the pink-haired girl. When Maeve didn't respond, she felt like the ground was about to swallow her whole.

As she sighed in defeat and turned to call Eric again, a familiar voice reached out. "Dress looks nice." Maeve mumbled plainly, refusing to look at the girl.

"Thanks." Marie smiled.

And that was that. They didn't say another word to each other. Because they weren't friends.

࿐ ࿔*:・ 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢
sup bitches i'm back!!!! soz for the extremely long break and extremely shitty chapter!! probs will rewrite this after i finish all ten thousand and eleven of my books :) rlly hope this doesn't flop because i LOVE MARIE HICKMAN with all my heart xx xx love u all