𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

࿐ ࿔*:・ LA LA LAND !
𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

࿐ ࿔*:・ LA LA LAND   !𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

"GO ON, THEN." Anwar muttered to Marie as they walked through the college's entrance, "Does she live in a box?"

The blonde girl rolled her eyes. "No, Anwar. She's got a bigger house than me." Marie mumbled. After spilling what she had to Maeve last night, she felt it best to lie for the girl so she had nothing to use against her.

"That's because you live in a council house, Marie." Anwar sighed, walking on his tiptoes as he tried to scout out Ruby.

"It's a bungalow!" Marie hit his arm. "Just because there isn't an upstairs doesn't mean it's a council house."

"It might as well be." He mumbled, tugging the blonde girl quickly round the corner. He weaved then through the crowds of teenagers until Ruby came into view by her locker.

"Have you seen Aimee?" The brunette girl asked, smacking her lips as she finished applying her lip gloss.

"She'll be with-" Marie cut herself off before she could finish. She knew that Aimee would be smoking with Maeve in the old toilet block, but she wasn't meant to tell anyone. If there was one thing Marie Hickman could pride herself on, it was her ability to keep secrets and she wasn't going to break that today.

"With who?" Ruby pressed when Marie stopped talking.

"Adam." She mumbled quickly. To her annoyance, as soon as she said his name, he walked passed them in the corridor. Marie hoped neither of the two beside her would notice but they did so right away.

The three watched as he stormed past them, Marie praying silently that Aimee would bounce around the corner so she wouldn't have to cover for her anymore. It was selfish, she knew, but she couldn't stand the disapproving glances Ruby and Anwar were currently giving her.

Adam ripped open his locker and glanced quickly back at the staring three. Out of instinct, like they always did when they had been caught staring, Ruby, Anwar and Marie turned quickly the other way. Their backs faced Adam for a few seconds before they could tell he wasn't looking, and then they spun around again.

Marie watched nervously as Adam stormed up to Eric, knocking into him purposefully. "Watch where you're going, fag." He murmured, pinching the boy's face with his hand.

Anwar grabbed Marie and Ruby's wrists and pulled them up to his locker, conveniently only a few down from Eric's. "Hey, Adam. You know homophobia is so 2008, right?" He shouted across as he fiddled with the lock. "Totes passé."

Adam scowled as he let go of Eric's face. The frightened boy shivered as his enemy walked away, turning and smiling at Anwar.

"Thanks, Anwar." He grinned.

"Not your friends." The other boy whispered, slamming his locker shut again. Marie turned around to mouth 'sorry' to him, smiling slightly at Eric and his brunette friend.

She followed after Anwar and Ruby when they started walking again. The three went their separate ways after that; Anwar to Biology, Ruby to Maths and Marie to Spanish.

They met again at lunch, when talk about Otis Milburn and his mum had spread to every student and teacher at the school. "Who even is he?" Olivia asked, picking at her pasta with a plastic fork.

"He's that lanky kid that hangs about with Eric." Anwar answered. Marie nodded, vaguely remembering him from their brief encounter earlier and always seeing him in assembly.

"Hey!" A shout echoed around the cafeteria, causing all five of them to turn around. "Can I have everyone's attention please?"

"Oh, god." Aimee and Marie groaned at the same time. The two girls made eye contact and buried their heads in their hands. After being nudged up by Ruby, they turned back to face Adam, standing up on one of the tables.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Marie heard Anwar whisper, the clattering of knives and forks filling the silence.

"I have something to say." Adam began again, "My name is Adam Groff. Headmaster Groff is my dad. Which is weird, cause I'm quite shit at school."

"Adam, what are you doing?" Marie asked, louder than she had anticipated to do so. The boy held out his hand in her direction to silence her.

"And this," He said, "This is my dick." With that, Adam unbuckled his trousers and pulled them to his ankles. Marie coughed, the drink she had been holding in her hand and doing spilling out of her mouth and onto her skirt.

Aimee stared agog as the students in the cafeteria chucked at her boyfriend. "Yes, it is large." Adam began again, ultimately making it worse for himself, "But I've done some googling, and it's actually just above average."

Marie cringed as people began to take out their phones and take pictures. Not only was she embarrassed for Adam, but she couldn't even begin to imagine how horrified Aimee must have been.

All four of the untouchables, bar the one still catatonic from her boyfriend's 'performance', turned back to the table. "You've got to break up with him." They all whispered in sync at a shocked Aimee. She nodded slowly.

"Yeah. I do."

࿐ ࿔*:・ 𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢 !

james acaster is quite probably the love of my life <3333 also i've literally spent all afternoon mourning the mars rover i'm actually so upset #ripoppy