Chapter 26

Hello my lovelies. I am extremely sorry and I really mean the apology when I say that I wasn't too proud about how long the previous chapter. Hopefully this one will be a bit longer and it will bring you to tears.

I also suggest that you wait until you have a computer to use this, because the song on the side should be played during certain points in the chapter. The song is called "Pieces" and it's by the group "Red". It's a really good song, and it took forever for me to find it! But, thanks to me, you have an enjoyable song to help the emotion in this chapter!

Anyways, go follow @12Tori12 because she should be writing soon! She writing a Zayn/Liam fan fiction and it's pretty good. No, lnl, it's amazing. You must fan her! Okay, well... yeah.

Enjoy, and don't forget to play the music when I tell you. Play it when Louis comes in the bathroom.

**Penny's POV**

As I reached the restroom, I ran to get onto my knees and spew the remains of all the alcohol I had taken. The taste was quite odious and not much one of something I would enjoy to feel again.

I felt my discharge of remains of the night just resting on my chin, so I reached over for the toilet paper and wiped away at my chin. I disposed of the flimsy piece of tissue squeezed my eyes shut, trying to hide the tears.

"Penny? Penny. Please be okay, love." I looked up with water brimming over in my eyes, as I saw a hazy picture of Lou, looking like he had seen a ghost.

[play the song right now]

I shook my head, tears spilling onto my cheek. "No, Lou. I'm not okay." I said, as that moment brought back many. Like the night in the restaurant.

My mother told me she was hurt, but she was going to fight to get me back. The guilt that she had previously felt, had been washed away and now she wanted her revenge. She wanted to wreak her vengeance on my soul that was slowly breaking.

My mother warned that I was being tracked by polices. That they were going to find me and hold me until I was home. That they were going to arrest the boys for kidnapping me. That they were going to rip me away from the thing that I never wanted to leave.

And what did I have? I had nothing. Except the power to fight. I could only fight the tears, the emotions, and any authority that may come after me. But even that, even the fight, was diminishing inside me. Dragged and dragged my own mother was finding a way to destroy. To break every wall I had ever built, just to see me on battered knees. Just to watch me fall.

My own mother wanted me to be taken down. And it hurt, to know she wanted me on my stomach on the ground.

She wanted me to drown in my own insecurities and remember everything bad. Sometimes I just wanted to forget every good memory, so I could build from the bad. But I never wanted to forget any memory. Never did I want to lose the thoughts and events that had taken place in my life, because they were shaping me.

But so were the people I chose to share those people with, my mother was spitting on every muscle I had. She was crushing the hopes that maybe I could escape her. Or maybe that I could just forgive, but never forget. Maybe she could forgive. Maybe she could find it in her heart to love her own daughter.

I felt pathetic as Louis pulled me into him, my body felt numb. I flailed and screamed, my wails drowning out his words. His hand slowly brought to my hair as he ran it through his fingers.

"Just let it all out, Penny. I'll look after you." He told me, holding onto my frail figure tighter. "Tell me your not completely broken." He whispered, holding onto my fingers and kissing the tips of each one.

"Lou..." I whispered, tears breaking out of the barriers and deluged every sight I fought to try and see. "I can't... I just... Why me?" I cried, rubbing at my eyes that were betraying me.

Why couldn't I be stronger? Why couldn't I have a head made of steal and a heart made of ice. No one could affect me then, no one could damper with my emotions. No one could hurt me.

But no, I wasn't like that. I couldn't bare to be. I had to be someone with a soul, someone who found love in every individual. I had to see hope in everyone's eyes, put forward faith in every goal, and love even the mistakes of the people I found enough attention to. I had to care.

"Because God is putting you through a process. Once you finish the steps, you come out a fighter. Someone strong." He said, and I smiled a little. I nested down more into his chest.

I convulsed forward, letting out a shriek. My breath hitched as more water leaked from my blurred eyes. "I'm a tragedy in the making. Not a warrior. I'm not a soldier. I'm not strong, Lou. I'm weak and stupid." I sniffled.

"Please, Penny. Don't talk like that. You are growing, and you are beautiful. Don't let anyone, not even your own mum, tell you differently." He said, sternly, but gently. It was all quiet and hushed, but he said it in a way that made me believe him.

"Why should I listen to people like that, when I have you?" I smiled a small bit. I looked up at Lou, who himself had been fighting tears. "Aw, Lou. Don't feel bad for me." I laughed a little, it took everything I could muster, but I laughed a little.

"I just... I know it's hard Penny. But I'm going to help you in any way I can." He smiled just a little. The little slither in his lips curved just the slightest. It gave me hope. Lou's smile just helped a little bit.

"Okay." I whispered, looking down at our interlocked fingers.

"I mean it Penny, look at me, love." He commanded softly, lifting his fingers to my chin. He slowly raised it, forcing me to look at the sky that was held in his eyes. "I vow that I will forever be here for you."

"Thank you." I said, as I hugged him, tears of I don't know what, rolling down my cheeks. I gripped onto Louis' neck tighter, the little bit of feeling in my arms coming back.

"Hey, guys. Are you okay?" I heard. I looked up and saw Harry, Zayn and Liam sitting there. All of their eyes glossy and close to tears.

Louis looked at me, just when a single tear fell down my cheek. "Maybe." I whispered, as I got up from out of Louis warm embrace and the five of us huddled together in a group hug.

And although my breathing was getting hard to accomplish, I enjoyed the suffocation. I liked the feeling of having people hug me. I loved the feeling that they loved it as much as I did.

Finally we found it to get out of our small circle as I found my breath and I looked at the boys, they all were crying.

"Guys, don't cry over me. I'm nothing that special." They all smiled a little and hugged me again. They all wished me good dreams then waved off as they went to sleep. Except Harry.

He stayed there as he just stared at me. I looked at him, smiling just a small bit. He opened his arms and I reluctantly followed into his embrace. He gripped his arms around my small waist, my own small arms managing to fasten around his torso. I breathed in his scent and breathed back out heavily, I could never get sick of that smell. It always made me feel comfortable, even if sometimes it went without recognizing it. Harry aroma had managed to sooth me in a way that was indescribable.

"Penny?" He whispered, his breath brushing against my skin, making me shiver.

"Yes?" I breathed back, the air brushing back onto my face.

"Tell me you're okay." He murmured, his fingers tracing little circles on my back.

"I'm okay." I assured him, my voice still hushed.

_____

I seriously don't know if I like Louis or Harry as a match? I mean, I know Harry is on my cover, but he hasn't been a romantic lately, has he? No, not much. But you know, he's going to be in a bit more chapters.

And no, one direction didn't kidnap Penny, but her mother is assuming things, incase that may have been confusing you! 

And in a few more chapter, Niall will confess who this mysterious girl is in the picture!

And then I will introduce some things, and it'll get... complicated. Yeah, but I'll see you soon with another chapter! Byers!