Chapter 13- prizes and apologies

So they rejoined their friends and announced that they found the gold statue.

"Oh my! You two are so lucky!" May beamed.

"Yeah, I wish we found one." Iris remarked.

"It's so pretty!" Mallow squealed.

"Come along you two! Join Ash and Dawn on stage to claim your prize." Annie insisted and pushed the new couple into the stage.

"I would like to thank you all for coming to this years Pokemon conversation and to thank all the participants in the scavenger hunt. Unfortunately, we could only have three winners this year, but by the look of it we only have two. So now let's bring out the possible pri-" the director announced to the crowd but was interrupted.

"Wait! We found one!" Everyone turned to see Kenny and Brianna running toward them, a bronze statue in hand.

"I stand corrected." The director chuckled. "It turns out we do have three winners after all. Please join us one stage for your prize." The new couple nodded and walked into the stage to wait for their prizes. "So as I was saying, let's bring out the prizes!" Two of the staff members pulled a cart on stage with three boxes. "Now, here are the rules! In these boxes are different prizes and each team gets to pick, one. The gold gets to pick first, silver second, and bronze third. One of these is a gag type gift so pick the best one. Let's see those prizes!"

The staff members lifted the boxes to reveal the choices of prizes. The first prize was a certificate to couples cruise, including all the amenities. The second was a gift certificate to a fancy five star restaurant for two with no expiration date. Finally, the last gift was a large pendent, cut in two, flowered in gold and silver ribbon and a pokeball in the center.

"Ok, now let's get on with it! Gold team, what do you chose?" The director asked.

Serena whispered something to Clemont and he nodded, a slight blush coming to his cheeks. "We chose the cruise!"

"Amazing choice!" The director cheered. Annie was the one to hand them their prize. "Now, Silver team, what do you choose?"

"What do you think?" Dawn whispered to her partner.

The two glanced at Kenny and Brianna, who were holding hands.

"I think we are ok as we are and don't need anything more than each other." Ash replied with a smile. "Especially, if it means I get you."

Dawn giggled. "Wow, who knew you could be so...romantic and sweet."

"I guess it comes with age." Ash remarked in a whispered then continued in a normal tone. "We will take the pendant." Everyone looked surprised by his answer, but Annie handled them the two pieces that make the pendant, with a smile. "Now we will have something to remember this by." Ash whispered, receiving another giggle from Dawn.

"And that leaves the fancy restaurant for the bronze. Congratulations you two!" The director said. Brianna and Kenny cheered and gratefully took the certificate. "Thank you all again for coming, and please come again next year."

The director then walked off the stage and everyone went about their business. The gang stayed around to talk and congratulate each other on their new found love.

"Hey Dawn, can I talk to you for a second?" Serena asked.

"Um, sure." Dawn replied. Serena pulled Dawn aside so no one would hear. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I...I wanted to apologize...for the way I've been acting. It wasn't right and I shouldn't have done it. You see, I had a ready big crush on Ash and I got really jealous...because you were so close to him. I know that's no excuse, but I wanted to ask for your forgiveness. Maybe even be friends?" Serena said.

"Of course I forgive you and yes we can be friends. But I have to ask, what changed to make you tell me?" Dawn questioned.

"Oh, I found someone else." Serena giggled, stealing a glance at Clemont.

The two girls exchanged a smile and returned to the group. But, someone else needed to speak with Dawn.

"Dawn, I need to talk to you." Kenny stated.

"Ok?" Dawn responded nervously.

The two coordinators walked away so Kenny could get everything off his chest.

Kenny took in a deep breath and began "I...we are still friends, right?"

"Of course...and Kenny I'm-" Dawn tried to apologize but Kenny interrupted.

"No, you don't have to apologize. I should be the one to say sorry for yelling. If Ash makes you happy, I should be happy for you." Kenny said. "I should have been more supportive, but I was a lousy friend. I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's ok. We are still friends and now you have Brianna. Congratulations on the fancy dinner date by the way." Dawn remarked and gave him a playful punch on the arm.

"Yeah, thanks." Kenny smiled as he looked to Brianna with a blush.

"Well, I'll see you around." Dawn chirped and walked back to Ash.

Kenny nodded and walked back to Brianna.

After an hour of chatting, everyone parted ways. Most of them returned to their home region with their new boyfriend/girlfriend, while others continued to travel a bit. They continued on with their life's happy and in love.