Jennifer

Jennifer A Few Years Later

"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" I yelled at them as I threw the last piece of the fight that broke out. It was between 5 newborns I threw them in the blazing fire. "If you keep fighting with each other we will keep losing! And I will have to make more of you idiots, and the humans will start getting suspicious! You all know what happens after that we will all die because they will come and kill us! If you want to live start following the rules, keep a low profile! I'm only asking one thing from you IDIOTS!" One girl looked like she was about to speak but I glared at her and she closed her mouth. She was small with shoulder length blond hair; she was one of the few I did not despise. She looked down at her feet, and then disappeared. She didn't run at all...a few seconds later she reappeared and looked up. I just continued like nothing had happened.

I sighed "Just... just follow the rules, you three it's your turn to hunt, not in the same place go somewhere else we are killing to many from there." I pointed to the three that had to go hunt.

They left and everybody else went back to normal, talking to each other, and they were accusing each other of starting the fight. I walked over to the girl was now sitting on the window sill. "I need to talk to you" she nodded and followed me outside. I closed the door. We were on the west side of the barn. The barn was on the top of a hill in the middle of forest-miles into the forest. The sun was just setting behind the trees. It was beautiful. I looked away from the sun and began to talk. "When I was talking... how... how did you"

"I can turn myself invisible."

"How?"

"I don't know I just can."

"Okay what's your name?"

"Jennifer."

"Okay go back."

"You're not coming in?"

"No, I have to talk to Maria."

"Why?"

"She needs to know this."

"Ok." Her voice was barely a whisper, but she went back in as she was told.

When she was back in I walked to a little cottage/house that was attached to the barn. As I walked in Maria was coming down from upstairs. With Nettie and Lucy right behind her.

"Maria?"

"Yes Jasper?"

"One of the newborns can somehow turn herself invisible."

Maria's face light up.

"Really? Who?"

"

She said her name was Jennifer."

"Okay next battle stay back, and pull Jennifer out too."

"Okay, but why?"

"We need to test out her...power."

She started walking away, but I haven't told her about how many we lost.

"Maria." She turned to look at me again "We lost 5 in a fight today."

She sighed "Nettie Lucy, go get 10 more for our next battle we need numbers."

Once they left she kissed me and I pulled her closer to me. "Jasper," she pulled away from me "go watch them we don't need to lose more."

"Of course Maria."

I left and went back to the other part of the barn.

-Jasper-