Chapter 9: P.A.R.T.Y

"Okay as cool and as hot as that was, you could have killed him,"

I jump into my car and race to the hospital. After she told me she miscarried she didn't speak again. Her mom picked up the phone and told me that she had passed out on the way to the hospital. She was running a fever and was sweating. I told her I was on the way to liberty memorial hospital. I hung up and grabbed my keys. Now I was going 20 mph above the speed limit. My heart was pounding. Miscarriages most of the time are not serious but she passed out and has a fever. I may not be a doctor but I know that that's not a good sign .

When I run into the E.R and see Mrs. and Mr. Sinth sitting in one of the waiting room chairs. Mrs. Sinth has a kleenex in her hand. Her makeup was a little smudged and she looked like she had been crying though no tears streamed down her face now. Mr. Sinth looked had a creased forehead and squinted eyes. He rubbed his calloused hands together and he leaned forward with his elbows on his knees.

"Where is she?" I ask sitting next to Mrs. Sinth. I put my hand over her more mature hand. She had a dark purple nail polish on and her wedding ring shined.

"They are taking out the rest of the fetus, she has a infection in her uterus. She is going to be okay, just in a lot of pain" her voice slightly trembled. I let out a breath. She's going to be okay. She is going to be in pain but she is going to be okay.

"You can come back and see her now" A doctor in a white coat came out and told us. He was rather old and has a weird mark on his face.

I jump up from the seat along with her family. We go to her room. Room 3. She looked pale and sweaty. Her lips were thin and chapped. Her hair clung to her face. A tear slipped from my eye. I clutched on to her hand.

"Did you guys call Natalie?" I look up into Mrs. Sniths dark eyes. She wrinkled her forehead like the question was out of the Ordinary

"No, She's not a good girl" She might as well sneered by the look she had. Has she even met Natalie? Natalie is kind and one of the best people I have ever met. I am not going to push for them to call Natalie because Isabelle is in a lot of pain and the tension will add more to the stress.

"I'm in pain" Isabelle gasped out

"John go get someone to get the poor girl some pain meds" Mrs. Sniths eyes were sharp as she talked to her husband. I have never seen this side of her. She is usually kind and sweet but today she was a totally different person.

"How are you doing emotionally" I sit in a chair next to her bed. I know how she was doing physically. In pain, sore but okay. But how was she doing mentally. A miscarriage can be a lot on a woman. Even though she didn't know if she wanted to keep it or not the choice was taken from her.

"To be honest, I really don't know how to feel" her lip quivers. She looks like she is fighting off tears.

"I just wish I could catch a break. I feel like the world is out to get me" her voice is weak.